• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs game thread

What did Travis do? Nobody here saw it.

Travis was backing Wood (I think) under the basket. He lost control of the ball as he went up for a shot. Then flung his elbow wildly catching Wood in the face. It seemed intentional to me both live and on the replay.

At least when we got Butlerized - our team played hard and fought back in the second half. This performance was disgraceful.

did anyone else just see Buzz say 'Fuck me' while they had a close up of him on TV at the end of the game?

I just went back and watched it - I believe you're right. Also, I don't know if I've ever seen a more dejected face.

Come on...seriously. No one, not Coach K, Phil Jackson, Adolph Rupp,
Bobby Knight and James Naismith could coach this team to a 40 point loss to this completely loaded NCST team.

You guys are too hard on bzzzz. He needs at least 17 years to implement his system. He is just so smart and above us right now.

I left with 14 minutes to go in the second and don't intend to even look at a box score, but my thought is that the defense was decent in the first half (helped the NC State was playing like shit). The offense, however, blew serious chunks. Just absolutely horrendous. Never seen anything so bad.

Looks like I picked a great day to go for a run instead of watch basketball. Not even mad about this loss. And that is a problem.

How do you know the players didn't play hard? What does that mean exactly? I say they played poorly against players who are more skilled and athletic. The fact that they missed shots doesn't mean they didn't play hard. That's just announcers trying to fill airtime with bogus crap.

Lack of hustle, lack of defending the 3, loss of loose balls, not getting back after made baskets, failure to block out on rebounds. failure to get 2nd shots, failure to get to the line, more turnovers than made baskets....

I never thought I would see a game in which Ty Wood demonstrated greater effort than our other top 7 players...except NM/he always hustles

Lack of hustle, lack of defending the 3, loss of loose balls, not getting back after made baskets, failure to block out on rebounds. failure to get 2nd shots, failure to get to the line, more turnovers than made baskets....

I never thought I would see a game in which Ty Wood demonstrated greater effort than our other top 7 players...except NM/he always hustles

Other than that they did pretty well.

Come on...seriously. No one, not Coach K, Phil Jackson, Adolph Rupp,
Bobby Knight and James Naismith could coach this team to a 40 point loss to this completely loaded NCST team.

You guys are too hard on bzzzz. He needs at least 17 years to implement his system. He is just so smart and above us right now.

They say that sarcasm does not come across well in print. But Sarg, you pull it off with style! :golfclap:

have at it guys

2012-January-14-15-10-42.jpg

Looks like a face in the morning right before the walk of shame.

I call BS on the lack of effort canard. Maybe Buzz is the worst coach in the history of basketball, maybe we're in the worst possible offensive set we should be in. What you saw out there had nothing to do with lack of effort or hustle.

We're just not talented enough to overcome all of our deficits especially when we shoot terribly. I saw Ty block bshots until the end, express his disappointment loudly when he missed the close shot, Carson tipping a pass out of bounds while going for the steal, Daniel working hard to get shots off, Anthony trying to assert himself on the offensive end. Buzz might suck, our players might suck, but lack of effort is not the problem.

Last edited:
Back