• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs vs ULM Game thread! 8/28/14 @ 7:00pm - ESPNU

I think you are right. And no football coach at WF will ever put together another 28-win three season run, either. A lot of people got spoiled by that run, because that was the exception at WF, not the rule. Check the all-time record books.

5 first downs and -3 yards rushing.....against shitty ULM. It's gonna be another long season.

Don't be discouraged, though. You can all start bitching about basketball again before too much longer.

Amen to bitching about basketball!

Seriously, Wolford played amazingly well given the pressure. Got to get the kid some protection and a running game.

bkf has joined the chat! socal, Lectro, bkf! This thread delivers!

Listen, as bad as we were, if KJ doesn't rough the kicker, and Crump makes that sideline catch he really should have had, the outcome is much different.

Lots of work to do on the o-line. Get it done, boys.

Just embarrassing. The best part of the WF football experience lately has been looking forward to the season. The worst part happens after the opening kickoff of the first game. I saw nothing tonight that would give me hope for anything other than 1-11. Got to give the coaches a chance, but this was a very bad start for the new staff. I can see many empty seats in Groves this year.

Impressed with Wolford ...

Coaching should not be a concern at this point ... all the coaching "tricks" in the world wont help at this level unless you have the talent ...

We are clearly not a very good football team right now ... not a very good team at all.

Seriously, Wolford played amazingly well given the pressure. Got to get the kid some protection and a running game.

Not really. He wasn't terrible, but he did a bad job of dealing with the pressure.

Plenty of blame to go around on O- bad formations, bad playcalling, failure to prepare the kids to recognize certain formations on D, failure by Wolford to understand where the pressure was coming from and failure to get through his progressions, horrible job by the OL, horrible job by the WR of getting separation.

Listen, as bad as we were, if KJ doesn't rough the kicker, and Crump makes that sideline catch he really should have had, the outcome is much different.

You left out the quotes around "rough the kicker."

I was impressed with the defense. The corners, when thrown at, defended the passes well. Otherwise they weren't even thrown at. The line took up space allowing the linebackers to make plays. Sure, I would love tackles for loss, but this isn't half bad considereing how many linebackers are now d-linemen.

I think you mean James, not Crump.

Agreed, though

I think you are right. And no football coach at WF will ever put together another 28-win three season run, either. A lot of people got spoiled by that run, because that was the exception at WF, not the rule. Check the all-time record books.

5 first downs and -3 yards rushing.....against shitty ULM. It's gonna be another long season.

Don't be discouraged, though. You can all start bitching about basketball again before too much longer.

"but don't worry guys, the sun will eventually consume the earth and all of this was for naught!"

Not really. He wasn't terrible, but he did a bad job of dealing with the pressure.

Plenty of blame to go around on O- bad formations, bad playcalling, failure to prepare the kids to recognize certain formations on D, failure by Wolford to understand where the pressure was coming from and failure to get through his progressions, horrible job by the OL, horrible job by the WR of getting separation.

Lol, bad job of dealing with the pressure? We're not talking about evading 1, or even 2 guys getting through from time to time, we're talking about 4-5 guys consistently swarming him from all sides nearly untouched. How the fuck are you supposed to deal with that kind of pressure?

For everybody trashing the O-line, 3 of the 5 Oline players are the same as last year and produced 310 yards of offense and 19 (should have been 21) points last year.

WF Sports Facebook page already deleting comments!

how can i find the post game plz? what radio frequency?

Back