• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs vs ULM Game thread! 8/28/14 @ 7:00pm - ESPNU

Not really. He wasn't terrible, but he did a bad job of dealing with the pressure.

Plenty of blame to go around on O- bad formations, bad playcalling, failure to prepare the kids to recognize certain formations on D, failure by Wolford to understand where the pressure was coming from and failure to get through his progressions, horrible job by the OL, horrible job by the WR of getting separation.

lol. hint. the pressure was from everywhere. Hard to go through your progressions when the line gives you .4 seconds to get rid of the ball.

This just isn't defensible, well other than the defense. You could have trotted out the offense and let them play backyard football, and it could not have been worse. Maybe a turnover or two, but overall, there is no way a team could have a worse offensive performance against UL Monroe.

Long season ahead, but if we weren't blinded by being fans, we would have seen it coming. Lots of freshman, freshman QB and a starting RB that we tried to convert to a WR before. It wasn't going to turn out well this year.

Listen, as bad as we were, if KJ doesn't rough the kicker, and Crump makes that sideline catch he really should have had, the outcome is much different.

Lots of work to do on the o-line. Get it done, boys.

KJ did NOT rough the kicker.

First comment from Clawson was about the line sucking, without prompting.

We also got so spoiled with Camp. It was amazing how few receivers were open. Wolford hit some tough throws, and if receivers aren't open quickly with our OL, then the play is over.

Positives - Defense, special teams, QB

Defense was almost perfect.

Special teams - Blocked punt. Kinal 10 punts - 47 yard avg. weaver made his kicks. Good coverage on kickoffs.

I like Wolford a lot. Let's try not to get him concussed.

The offensive line got completely dominated. Wofford had time on about 5 of his throws. Reynolds needs to stop dancing so much but that was probably in part because he had no where to run. James with a big drop and should of held on to the ball during the interception play. Defense played pretty well, just ran out of gas.

Some of you are unbelievable. Yeah, we have no weapons on offense and our O-line blows. We'll maybe win two games this year. But we all fucking knew that going into the season. Yet you want to write off the new staff after one game.

I thought the D looked good, given what we have, and Wolford consistently stepped up in the pocket like a boss despite zero protection and no one to throw to. Give him some weapons, get an O-line that can open some lanes, and we'll stop seeing the little draw calls.

Tonight was no fun, but if you're surprised, you haven't had your eyes open the last seven months. I'm bullish on us long term.

Not really. He wasn't terrible, but he did a bad job of dealing with the pressure.

Plenty of blame to go around on O- bad formations, bad playcalling, failure to prepare the kids to recognize certain formations on D, failure by Wolford to understand where the pressure was coming from and failure to get through his progressions, horrible job by the OL, horrible job by the WR of getting separation.

Come on, he is a true freshman playing his first college game on the road and without protection! Yeah he missed some reads and held the ball too long; but his passes were remarkably accurate and he didn't panic. Substantial promise!

Positives - Defense, special teams, QB

Defense was almost perfect.

Special teams - Blocked punt. Kinal 10 punts - 47 yard avg. weaver made his kicks. Good coverage on kickoffs.

I like Wolford a lot. Let's try not to get him killed.

FIFY

Some quotes from MocksvilleDeac from TOB leading up to the game:

You had your win last season. Your team is fixing to get that shotgun that your AD had in that commercial shoved up their ###. Your coaches,players, and fans in 1 week are going to find out the hard way.

Look, this is nothing but a business trip for our players,coaches,and fans. You see last season you faced a weak miinded team. Next Thursday around this time we are going to physically show you the difference between the ACC , and the Sun Belt Conference. Thanks for stopping by our boards Take your restaurant ideas , and tailgating tips with yah. We are less than 7 days from the kick-off so its time to let the players do the rest of the talking.

Eastrenbloc ,take funroe and you guys head on over to Aaron's Pharmacy ,and get a burger. Your right were not FSU, or Auburn but you will take a beating next Thursday. Now take your ### to your Sunbelt board ,and have your own discussions.

lovedemdeacs, I'm not being cocky, but for all of you fans who think that this coaching staff cannot take our players and get 6 wins out of them with our weak schedule are on drugs. We can easily go 3-1 in our non-conference games, leaving us to have to win 3 in the ACC. VT,BC,CUSE,and State are all beatable. All those programs have lost key players, and are rebuilding, and I know that even though Duke is picked to be pretty good we will have a chance to win that game. Now if Grobe and staff was at the helm, I would be thinking like you 3-4 games to the most, but with these coaches we will win 6 even though we are very young ,have a new coach, and a new system.

:bowrofl:

Unbelievable how after every (slow developing) handoff to RB he was immediately encircled by D.....not excited abt O scheme right now....I think Lobo and Grobe txted ULM OC on that long end around run......."Run that wide orbit like play right now".....:)

Yeah, the running plays were really, really, really slow to develop.

Some of you are unbelievable. Yeah, we have no weapons on offense and our O-line blows. We'll maybe win two games this year. But we all fucking knew that going into the season. Yet you want to write off the new staff after one game.

I thought the D looked good, given what we have, and Wolford consistently stepped up in the pocket like a boss despite zero protection and no one to throw to. Give him some weapons, get an O-line that can open some lanes, and we'll stop seeing the little draw calls.

Tonight was no fun, but if you're surprised, you haven't had your eyes open the last seven months. I'm bullish on us long term.

Come on. This is so LOWF. If you expected to put up that kind of offensive performance against ULM, then I feel sorry for you as a fan. Or maybe I'm just too optimistic. By no means did I think a win was in any way guaranteed, but that was absolutely pathetic. I do not know how an offense could have looked worse other than turnovers. At least some of that reflects on coaching.

Back