• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dear Wellman, Bzz

I said a while ago that Wellman was politically savvy enough to distance himself from an unpopular loser, so he could get rid of him without damaging his own name. I think that is what is happening.

Of course, no one who's been paying attention will buy for one second that Bz wasn't 100% Ron's fault, but that's what Wellman will try to have us forget, and we will continue to hate him accordingly.

I sat near Wellman today. He is such a smug looking bastard with zero personality.

[Redacted] needs 1 more win in our last two plus and ACCT win to stay. I'm pretty convinced about that.

I dropped my .02 into what will most surely be his wastebasket.

Mr. Wellman,

That was, as I’m sure you would agree, a miserable game of basketball. Poor play by both teams was theme. However, despite 24 fouls and 19 turnovers, Maryland still managed a double digit road ACC win at the Joel. When you fired Coach Gaudio three years ago after making the NCAA tournament two years running you cited the poor record of the team in February and March, along with a lack of postseason success, as the reason for the firing (1). At the time of his firing, Coach Gaudio was 16-17 in February and March. His successor, Coach [Redacted], is 4-24 during February and March. Since his hiring, [Redacted] has gone 0-2 in the conference tournament and received no postseason bids. While it is technically possible for Wake to win the ACC tournament, forgive me for being pessimistic.

So now Mr. Wellman I must ask, How much longer can this last? I graduated from Wake Forest in 2011. I remember when we were good, when the Joel wasn’t a tomb, when I didn’t have to hold my head down when talking about ACC basketball with friends from Duke, UNC, and NC State. This experiment isn’t working, find the courage to do the right thing and end it. Fire Jeff [Redacted].

(1): http://www.bloggersodear.com/2010/4/7/1410033/ron-wellman-press-conference

Regards,
Novadeacon
Class of 2011

Appealing to Wellman has no effect whatsoever.

[Redacted] needs 1 more win in our last two plus and ACCT win to stay. I'm pretty convinced about that.
Sad that 3 straight losing seasons is enough for a coach to stay. Oh how far expectations have fallen.

Question: Do you guys think that Bzz has lost Ron's support as well?

Really, what was the last correspondence that Ron has sent in support of our program with that "oh our program is fine" BS? That letter to the Deacon Club 2 months ago? I think he's getting ready to fix his mistake...

Oh God, I hope so....

My prediction is that Jeff will be given some inward facing position in the athletic department (such as assistant AD in charge of NCAA compliance) in order to smooth the transition to a new coach, to provide continuity for fhe freshmen and recruits and to provide Ron with some face saving.

My prediction is that Jeff will be given some inward facing position in the athletic department (such as assistant AD in charge of NCAA compliance) in order to smooth the transition to a new coach, to provide continuity for fhe freshmen and recruits and to provide Ron with some face saving.

whaaa......?

Question: Do you guys think that Bzz has lost Ron's support as well?

Really, what was the last correspondence that Ron has sent in support of our program with that "oh our program is fine" BS? That letter to the Deacon Club 2 months ago? I think he's getting ready to fix his mistake...

I went to the Chris Paul breakfast this morning, where CP (obviously) and Ron both spoke. There was lots of talk about Skip, but [Redacted]'s name never came up. There wasn't even a passive show of support, such as Wellman saying the basketball program was on the right track, had just beaten Miami, etc. Not a single mention of the current state of the program or its coach.

[Redacted] wasn't on the floor at any point during the retirement ceremony, either. Not that I expected him to be, but Battle and Childress both came out, and Battle in particular had a long, seemingly emotional, conversation with him. I don't read a whole lot into either of those, but it's better than Wellman gushing about Bzz during the breakfast and seeing Bzz and CP3 pal it up during the ceremony.

In related news, I was on the fourth row in the section immediately behind the Wake bench, and shouted for Bzz to resign with about a minute left. I'm pretty sure he heard me; several people along press row turned around to look. Some old guy threatened to fight me if I said it again, so I promptly obliged him by repeating it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I regret to report that the same group that tossed the Buzz out sign last week is still in charge and they have NO plans to fire Buzz. I am sorrythat this is the case and do not mean to lessen the intensity of the barrage at the AD and others. I wish you good fortune but believe tht resistance is futile.

Might be just Ron and the players families at the games next year if Bzz stays. I can't imagine anyone being excited about next year with CJ gone and Bzz at the helm. We're going to be LOL bad next year. We're in the cellar with CJ so can't imagine that getting better. Save the freshman maturing load of crap too. Not going to matter.

I think we should try to take out a full page ad in the Journal. It could just be the stats summarized from FireBz.com.

Positions like that are given to beloved coaches who have been successful in the past but are getting too old for the game. Bzz is hated by 98% of the fanbase and is arguably (?) the worst coach in the history of the ACC.

I went to the Chris Paul breakfast this morning, where CP (obviously) and Ron both spoke. There was lots of talk about Skip, but [Redacted]'s name never came up. There wasn't even a passive show of support, such as Wellman saying the basketball program was on the right track, had just beaten Miami, etc. Not a single mention of the current state of the program or its coach.

[Redacted] wasn't on the floor at any point during the retirement ceremony, either. Not that I expected him to be, but Battle and Childress both came out, and Battle in particular had a long, seemingly emotional, conversation with him. I don't read a whole lot into either of those, but it's better than Wellman gushing about Bzz during the breakfast and seeing Bzz and CP3 pal it up during the ceremony.

In related news, I was on the fourth row in the section immediately behind the Wake bench, and shouted for Bzz to resign with about a minute left. I'm pretty sure he heard me; several people along press row turned around to look. Some old guy threatened to fight me if I said it again, so I promptly obliged him by repeating it.

Was it the guy in VTWhats avatar?

Something to consider, if you are a student, email Ken Zick, VP and Dean of Student Affairs, and tell him how this is affecting your student experience. If you are an alum, email Mark Petersen, VP For University Advancement, and tell him how this is affecting you as an alum. Clearly Wellman and Hatch are going to give you canned responses. The others may as well but you're more likely to get a personal response. These gentlemen are on the University Cabinet and are "peers" with Wellman.

If you are a parent of a HS Junior/Senior, write to Martha Allman, Director of Admissions, and say why our sports decline might influence your son/daughter's decision.

While I don't expect this to greatly impact anything, it may help to get a more personalized response.

Two very good posts here:

Something to consider, if you are a student, email Ken Zick, VP and Dean of Student Affairs, and tell him how this is affecting your student experience. If you are an alum, email Mark Petersen, VP For University Advancement, and tell him how this is affecting you as an alum. Clearly Wellman and Hatch are going to give you canned responses. The others may as well but you're more likely to get a personal response. These gentlemen are on the University Cabinet and are "peers" with Wellman.

If you are a parent of a HS Junior/Senior, write to Martha Allman, Director of Admissions, and say why our sports decline might influence your son/daughter's decision.

While I don't expect this to greatly impact anything, it may help to get a more personalized response.

Back