• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dear Wellman, Bzz

And he will keep it because he will be chair of the NCAA selection committee next year.

And he will keep it because he will be chair of the NCAA selection committee next year.

Does it look particularly good for the university to have an employee chairing this committee? I'd counter that the state of our revenue sports is far more embarrassing than firing the active chair would be in terms of the university's image...

no argument from me Strickland. Just don't see Wellman getting canned and that is the main reason.

This is honestly where the [Redacted] situation gets really personal for me. Like all of us, I love the Deacs, and in particular the way in which this love manifests and augments itself is by sharing this love with my kids. I gave myself the board name DeacDaddy, after all. I want to share this passion with them. I want to make Wake-related memories with them. Does Wellman not realize how serious this is? We are a small alumni base but we really care (many of us, anyway). And we need Demon Deacon basketball to be competitive. It fuels our fire for Wake Forest. How could he treat us like we don't matter? When you have a small alumni, don't you need everyone on the bandwagon?

My kids are in some of their most formative years. I do not want to go through another 5-year desert of missed opportunities to be good. Especially as NC State is in the midst of a renaissance. Before I know it these kids will be grown and gone. "The days are gone but the years are short." So many Saturdays we will spend watching Wake football and basketball...these kids are DYING to get excited about anything Wake-related. Just give them something. Anything. Give them something to scream and shout and pump their fists about. Give them reasons to throw on all their Wake gear (which they love to do) and pose for pictures, without secretly wondering why Dad's team is so bad.

They are dying, desperate, to be Deacs. But they are kids. They are on the cusp. Don't kill their sweet spirits. This matters to me. This matters to them. This are the little things -- small, but truly significant -- that life is made of. Mr. Wellman, please don't let this misery go on any longer.

#STANDINGOVATION

This is honestly where the [Redacted] situation gets really personal for me. Like all of us, I love the Deacs, and in particular the way in which this love manifests and augments itself is by sharing this love with my kids. I gave myself the board name DeacDaddy, after all. I want to share this passion with them. I want to make Wake-related memories with them. Does Wellman not realize how serious this is? We are a small alumni base but we really care (many of us, anyway). And we need Demon Deacon basketball to be competitive. It fuels our fire for Wake Forest. How could he treat us like we don't matter? When you have a small alumni, don't you need everyone on the bandwagon?

My kids are in some of their most formative years. I do not want to go through another 5-year desert of missed opportunities to be good. Especially as NC State is in the midst of a renaissance. Before I know it these kids will be grown and gone. "The days are gone but the years are short." So many Saturdays we will spend watching Wake football and basketball...these kids are DYING to get excited about anything Wake-related. Just give them something. Anything. Give them something to scream and shout and pump their fists about. Give them reasons to throw on all their Wake gear (which they love to do) and pose for pictures, without secretly wondering why Dad's team is so bad.

They are dying, desperate, to be Deacs. But they are kids. They are on the cusp. Don't kill their sweet spirits. This matters to me. This matters to them. This are the little things -- small, but truly significant -- that life is made of. Mr. Wellman, please don't let this misery go on any longer.

Unfortunately, Wellman doesn't care....

will-ferrell-baby-punch-film-The-Campaign-1354025705b.gif

DeacDaddy, Great post...this statement should be emailed, snail mailed and shoved up Wellman's Arse until his eyeballs turn bloodshot...if you get my intentions!!!

Unfortunately, Wellman doesn't care....

will-ferrell-baby-punch-film-The-Campaign-1354025705b.gif

Perfect representation of what Wellman has done to the next generation of Deacon fans.

As BDer"s dad I know what DeacDaddy is saying. BDer"s first two ACC Tourney games were Wake Championship wins. Having just converted to Buzz out after yesterday I want this pain to stop for all the fans. I just can't see the future that has been held out now in front of us for some time. I had been told early on this season that Buzz would be back for sure and felt it was a done deal, but now I am hoping that a change can be made. On the other board Braces worries about losing the whole staff, I wonder if moving Jeff Battle up to Head Coach might be the answer. He would have been the choice when Skip passed, but he declined as he was still mourning his wife's passing. He seems to be a good recruiter and you could see CP3 has a special relationship with him. Bring in a new high powered assistant and keep the ball rolling on Giles and others. Change is necessary, can't handle post game interviews of Buzz anymore. I do not believe that Wellman will do it as I have long said he is all in on Buzz. I believe battle would also keep all current players at Wake. This is not the only solution, but I do believe in the rest of the staff.

As BDer"s dad I know what DeacDaddy is saying. BDer"s first two ACC Tourney games were Wake Championship wins. Having just converted to Buzz out after yesterday I want this pain to stop for all the fans. I just can't see the future that has been held out now in front of us for some time. I had been told early on this season that Buzz would be back for sure and felt it was a done deal, but now I am hoping that a change can be made. On the other board Braces worries about losing the whole staff, I wonder if moving Jeff Battle up to Head Coach might be the answer. He would have been the choice when Skip passed, but he declined as he was still mourning his wife's passing. He seems to be a good recruiter and you could see CP3 has a special relationship with him. Bring in a new high powered assistant and keep the ball rolling on Giles and others. Change is necessary, can't handle post game interviews of Buzz anymore. I do not believe that Wellman will do it as I have long said he is all in on Buzz. I believe battle would also keep all current players at Wake. This is not the only solution, but I do believe in the rest of the staff.

Welcome! The first step is admitting it

If Buzz stays and Battle should depart...Then What???

As son's are ought to do, I'll disagree about Battle. I'm done with piecing together a coaching staff with old and new. Go out and hire a coach that wants to bring his whole staff with him. If Bzz has touched it, I don't want it any more.

I don't believe in the rest of the staff.

First of all, Wake basketball has been on a steady decline since the nut punch. That was a long time ago. We had a nice bounce, but not sustainable.

For all this talk about Jeff Battle as a recruiter, it's just talk. We've had a talent problem for many years, talent that he gets credit recruiting. Now you can argue that he went after the players Skip, Dino, and [Redacted] wanted and they weren't all that great, but then you have to think about all the talents we missed on over that stretch from Oden, Conley, and Cook on down. If Jeff Battle is such a great recruiter, we should have gotten better players however you look at it.

What has Rusty done? He was a head coach one year. He's been down the road coaching HS or sucking at the teet of MSD ever since. If he truly wants to be a college head coach, he needs to do what everybody else does. He needs to strike out on his own, be ready to move his family at a moments notice, and steadily prove himself ready to move up the ladder knowing he may never be anywhere close to the Triad again. At this point, he's just Wellman's guy.

Corbean? Don't know anything about him. All I know is that he's been part of a bunch of problems and few solutions.

Childress? Great ambassador for the program. If he wants to be a head coach, he needs to do what I said above. If he wants to represent Wake Forest, I'm sure the athletic department and university can always find a place for him.

This sentimentality got us in this problem to begin with. Wellman should have made this an interim staff and paid them through next December after Skip's death and gone for an upgrade. Do that and we're not sitting in this mess.

It's just a thought, and its not the first time as you said. I talked to longtime buzzouter skiing in Utah and he was glad I had seen the light. I'm tired of this schtick as we'd say in NY. Hire someone special, it was nice reading about the Rams routing Butler up here today, wish we could even that score someday.

Back