• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Death Star Stadium Under Construction (Pictures)

I don't get the 25,000 seat thing if the stadium sits 15,000. When you mean bleachers, do mean basically they are going to move in 10,000 temporary seats? That seems slapped together.

I would think if the school had as much faith in the instant success of the program that you have, they'd go ahead and do 25,000 now while it is more cost effective.

Stadium kind of reminds me of UCal, but Berkeley bowl is way deeper. But you can sort of stumble on the stadium by accident walking around that campus.

Is that the campus behind the stadium. Nice buildings. Where are the trees and stuff. It sort of look like a highway exit. I don't get the layout.

Wasn't there some old woman that was withholding funds if the university pushed forward with a football team?

Also, you might want to go and edit the Judy Rose wikipedia page. It contains references to UNCC's sports teams instead of Charlotte.

Bonnie Cone.

Berkeley bowl

800px-California_Memorial_Stadium_%2812-10%29.jpg

I don't get the 25,000 seat thing if the stadium sits 15,000. When you mean bleachers, do mean basically they are going to move in 10,000 temporary seats? That seems slapped together.

I would think if the school had as much faith in the instant success of the program that you have, they'd go ahead and do 25,000 now while it is more cost effective.

Stadium kind of reminds me of UCal, but Berkeley bowl is way deeper. But you can sort of stumble on the stadium by accident walking around that campus.

Is that the campus behind the stadium. Nice buildings. Where are the trees and stuff. It sort of look like a highway exit. I don't get the layout.

We're building what we can afford now. We're a big school with room fo rexpansion, but we've only been around 60 years and don't hav a huge endowment or a bunch of rich alumni - YET!

The requirement is for attendance, not necessarily stadium size. We'll build more permanent seasts when there is sufficient long term demand for them. Doesn't make sense - YET! by the time we make the jump to FBS, I would guess that we'll have between 25,000 and 30,000 permanent seats.

That looks miserable.

Aren't they currently renovating Cal's stadium? I think I remember seeing one of there games this season and they were playing somewhere else due to stadium renovations.

Aren't they currently renovating Cal's stadium? I think I remember seeing one of there games this season and they were playing somewhere else due to stadium renovations.

Maybe. I'm just referring to how I'd hate to watch a game in the pictured stadium.

They were, don't know if they still are. Stadium is kind of nice. The top of the stadium is on street level on two of the sides. It seats 70,000 though. The Berkeley hills are behind the camera. Great place to smoke weed and bang your girlfriend. Truly. Even go for a jog. So, you can jog, toke, bang, jog home. Kill three birds with one load.

We're building what we can afford now. We're a big school with room fo rexpansion, but we've only been around 60 years and don't hav a huge endowment or a bunch of rich alumni - YET!

The requirement is for attendance, not necessarily stadium size. We'll build more permanent seasts when there is sufficient long term demand for them. Doesn't make sense - YET! by the time we make the jump to FBS, I would guess that we'll have between 25,000 and 30,000 permanent seats.

Thank God, he finally admitted that FBS>FCS.

No offense, but if you can't generate any rich alumni in 60 years, you're doing something wrong. Those Florida schools have only been around for like 15 years and they getting shit done. Breaking rules, but they are in the Big East, etc...

UNCC has a lot of work to do in that regard. I am an alum of UNCC, WFU, and NCSU, and UNCC is by far the poorest in terms of alumni outreach.

No offense, but if you can't generate any rich alumni in 60 years, you're doing something wrong. Those Florida schools have only been around for like 15 years and they getting shit done. Breaking rules, but they are in the Big East, etc...

Hard to generate many wealthy alumni when you're turning out so many career burger flippers.

They also have like 50,000 students.

Hard to generate many wealthy alumni when you're turning out so many career burger flippers.

1st quartile SAT scores for freshman at UNCC is now a 1480 (roughly average) and 3rd quartile SAT scores is now at 1730 (roughly 76th percentile nationally). So the bad news is that 1 in 4 UNCC freshman is below average on the SAT and the good news is that 1 in 4 is in the top 25% nationally. UNCC is slowly becoming a good academic institution.

FWIW, of the two engineering schools that I attended, UNCC and NCSU, UNCC was significantly more difficult, although it is not an apples to oranges comparison for a lot of reasons.

1st quartile SAT scores for freshman at UNCC is now a 1480 (roughly average) and 3rd quartile SAT scores is now at 1730 (roughly 76th percentile nationally). So the bad news is that 1 in 4 UNCC freshman is below average on the SAT and the good news is that 1 in 4 is in the top 25% nationally. UNCC is slowly becoming a good academic institution.

FWIW, of the two engineering schools that I attended, UNCC and NCSU, UNCC was significantly more difficult, although it is not an apples to oranges comparison for a lot of reasons.

Honestly, I was completely kidding. My business partner is a Charlotte grad and an extremely smart and talented dude.

How has this thread gotten this long? All this parody bullshit and all the inside jokes are getting way out of hand on this board. I'm seriously considering going back to DS. At least there if I can only spend five minutes a day on the boards, I don't have to waste it figuring out which threads are real.

Back