• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Death Star Stadium Under Construction (Pictures)

Charlotte will start as a FCS team, not 1-AA and certainly not Division 2. I understand that many Wake fans are ignorant of how college sports actually work. Hopefully you now understand.

Correct I guess. Still, players want to go to the FBS teams. They compete on, generally, a much more widely televised and more competitive level, giving them more of a chance to hit the next level eventually. (That's why I usually think of FCS as being < the FBS: Because it, generally speaking, is.)

I've only noticed one FCS game on TV ever: The National Championship.

On Saturdays, all you see is FBS games.

And about recruiting, yeah you might compete with some of our recruits. The location is nice. But the players will more than likely value ACC Conference Play and a hell of a degree over a cute city and "nice locker rooms".

Also, almost 40,000>just over 15,000. Which stage would you rather perform on?

You would think that when someone from his team points out some shortcomings that UNCC will have to overcome, that he would actually listen.

He's enthusiastic. Hard to fault him there. Wake fans certainly don't like to hear about our own short comings.

I've agreed to help him get his tailgate started since that's not really something UNCC fans have any experience with. When it's closer to the opening game, I'll post more details about where we are going to setup so any local Wake types with a UNCC connection can join us. I found GoNiners to be infinitely more likable in person than he comes across on the boards.

Correct I guess. Still, players want to go to the FBS teams. They compete on, generally, a much more widely televised and more competitive level, giving them more of a chance to hit the next level eventually. (That's why I usually think of FCS as being < the FBS: Because it, generally speaking, is.)

I've only noticed one FCS game on TV ever: The National Championship.

On Saturdays, all you see is FBS games.
And about recruiting, yeah you might compete with some of our recruits. The location is nice. But the players will more than likely value ACC Conference Play and a hell of a degree over a cute city and "nice locker rooms".

Also, almost 40,000>just over 15,000. Which stage would you rather perform on?

They show regular season FCS games on some of the local Fox Sports channels and I've seen several Southern Conference regular season games on the past few years. ESPN2 and ESPNU also show severl FCS playoff games prior to the title game. Your basic point is valid though.

There is no 1-AA football. It has been renamed FCS. Get with the program.

And we will be glad to play at Wake Forest, we'll even give you a Two games at BB&T and One at McColl-Richardson arrangement. It would be a nice gesture on the part of Old Man Grobe to help out Coach Lambert. Wake could use a natural rival and Charlotte will be the nearest FCS or FBS school to Wake Forest.

We're already competing with your for recruits. It's just amatter of time before we kick your ass on the field.
We just got Syracuse and Pittsburgh added to the ACC: FAT CHANCE. If anything, Grobe will be looking to get rid of the cupcake games. And lets be honest: You guys aren't ready to compete with any of the ACC teams.

They show regular season FCS games on some of the local Fox Sports channels and I've seen several Southern Conference regular season games on the past few years. ESPN2 and ESPNU also show severl FCS playoff games prior to the title game. Your basic point is valid though.

Granted, I don't try that hard to find shitty games lol.

We just got Syracuse and Pittsburgh added to the ACC: FAT CHANCE. If anything, Grobe will be looking to get rid of the cupcake games. And lets be honest: You guys aren't ready to compete with any of the ACC teams.

Agreed on this. GoNiners is wearing some green ass colored glasses when it comes to his expectations for the team being competitive out of the gate. Duke will be their daddy for years.

Agreed on this. GoNiners is wearing some green ass colored glasses when it comes to his expectations for the team being competitive out of the gate. Duke will be their daddy for years.

App, Western Carolina, Elon, etc. will be their daddy for years probably.

UNCC playing Wake would be great for the UNCC program. You know Grobe would keep his foot off the pedal against Lambert and just showing within 20 points would be considered a large moral victory for UNCC and thus may land them some recruits that would otherwise go to App State or the like.

If you are looking for an ACC team willing to play some FCS competition, NCSU played 2 such games this year.

UNCC playing Wake would be great for the UNCC program. You know Grobe would keep his foot off the pedal against Lambert and just showing within 20 points would be considered a large moral victory for UNCC and thus may land them some recruits that would otherwise go to App State or the like.

If you are looking for an ACC team willing to play some FCS competition, NCSU played 2 such games this year.

I'm surprised State hasn't already scheduled UNCC

You would think that when someone from his team points out some shortcomings that UNCC will have to overcome, that he would actually listen.

You call them shortcomings, I call them challenges. I view some of the challenges that UNCC faces like the civil rights movement. It was a difficult struggle for MLK and Co., but the rights they fought for are generally accepted now as inalienable in this country. That's what we're doing withe the Charlotte athletics brand now. We're fighting for our rights.

They told us for decades that we couldn't have football, well guess what, we've got football now. In the future, people will look back and say:

Man, I can't believe people told them they couldn't have football, but look at them now. They have football and they're pretty good at it. i guess it was just fear that made people say those awful things about them in the past. I guess their fears were founded too because Charlotte's kicking their ass.

So, thank your for your past conributions to our wonderful school. It's only getting better because of people like you, who have supported it in the past. I'm gonna take it to the next level, with the help of the football team.

I'd say that just about proves that Charlotte football is nearly ACC-ready if you're taking sad-sack programs like those.

They told us for decades that we couldn't have football, well guess what, we've got football now. In the future, people will look back and say:

I'll ignore the MLK comparison.

Who was it again that was holding up the football team at UNCC?

UNCC is the name of the school (for now). Please refer to the sports teams as Charlotte.

I'd say that just about proves that Charlotte football is nearly ACC-ready if you're taking sad-sack programs like those.

If you're calling 'Cuse and Pitt sad-sack programs, be ready to get your shit rocked man. If you're referring to G-Webb and the other FCS teams sad-sack: Thats your main competition bro. Almost every football program plays a FCS team now and then. Michigan played App State U not too long ago and got beat.

Dick Spangler, Molly Broad, Bill Friday. Basically, they didn't want any more competition for UNC-Chapel Hill.

Wasn't there some old woman that was withholding funds if the university pushed forward with a football team?

Also, you might want to go and edit the Judy Rose wikipedia page. It contains references to UNCC's sports teams instead of Charlotte.

Back