• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Death Star Stadium Under Construction (Pictures)

Yes it is similar like that in Pennsylvania but I consider them separate than the Penn State schools. I would consider schools like Pittsburgh, Temple, West Chester, Lock Haven, Bloomsburg and Shippensburg separate from Penn State.

for good reason; none of those schools are part of the Penn State University System

So which conference is it generally thought that UNCC will go? I get that GoNiners is playing some kind of troll game, but I actually want to see Lambert succeed.

I read recently that UNC-Charlotte was trying to think of a great individual associated with UNC-Charlotte to name the stadium after.

They thought they had it....but then Bobby Lutz withdrew his name from consideration.

So which conference is it generally thought that UNCC will go? I get that GoNiners is playing some kind of troll game, but I actually want to see Lambert succeed.

To preserve natural rivalries, I would think they either join Concord High in the 3A South Piedmont Conference or North Meck in the 4A I-MECK Conference.

I read recently that UNC-Charlotte was trying to think of a great individual associated with UNC-Charlotte to name the stadium after.

They thought they had it....but then Bobby Lutz withdrew his name from consideration.

Cornbread Stadium seems to fit...?

Cornbread Stadium seems to fit...?

That could work, the concussion stand could sell cornbeard and beans as it's signature item.

In a Bobby Lutz related note, he was on "The Drive" yesterday afternoon and Taylor Zarzour said he missed Lutz's mustache and Lutz said he'd grow it back if State (Lutz is an asistant with the Pack) won their next 3 (Duke, FSU, and UNC) he'd grow it back. Duke made sure he'll still be shaving.

Last edited:
Who is giving this character pos rep?

Who cares - they're either going to have to settle for the Sun Belt, whatever that new C-USA/Mountain West monstrosity will be called, or a Big East sans Automatic Bid (also known as C-USA circa 2000)

Maybe in D2. I could see it getting better after time, but not quickly. Any recruit who wants to go anywhere will prioritize either the education or the conference play, because D2 = virtually no shot at NFL, and UNCC offers a degree that many D1 teams can top.

Well that is where they are starting out.

There have been some recent success stories for D2 teams making the jump to D1 and being competitive quickly. USF (bad example due to recruiting advantages in Florida) and UCONN are just such an example. Not saying that UNC-Charlotte is in that same group, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are competitive sooner rather than later. I have a ton of confidence in Coach Lambert.

There have been some recent success stories for D2 teams making the jump to D1 and being competitive quickly. USF (bad example due to recruiting advantages in Florida) and UCONN are just such an example. Not saying that UNC-Charlotte is in that same group, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are competitive sooner rather than later. I have a ton of confidence in Coach Lambert.

1AA, not D2. That said, UNCC has all sorts of issues that will make the jump much harder than those programs that have been discussed ad nauseam. Ultimately, by the time UNCC is even close to being "ready", the BCS may be done, 4 super conferences may form from the top 64 teams, and UNCC will be able to slide in with the current 1A teams that get left out in the cold.

I'll try to answer some of the honest questions as well as some of the blatant insults, while filling in the empty space that exists behind some of your eyeballs.

Cornbread Maxwell is an esteemed alum of Charlotte. He was Tim Duncan before there was a Tim Duncan. The main difference between Cornbread and Duncan is that Cornbread played in the Final Four. However, the stadium will be named McColl-Richardson Field, after its benefactors Hugh McColl and Jerry Richardson. Maybe you've heard of them. I think it speaks volumes that the stadium will be named after two guys who touched many things in their lives, turning them to gold, which actually fits with the 49'ers name.

The stadium will be an awesome, state of the art facility. It will be an incubator for the program. It will start off small with 15,300 of the most rabid major market football fans in the South. It can be expanded to 25,000 overnight with bleachers if the program grows quickly. Ultimately the stadium is designed to seat 40,000. All we need is attendees and money; both of which are virtually guaranteed.

Charlotte will start as a FCS team, not 1-AA and certainly not Division 2. I understand that many Wake fans are ignorant of how college sports actually work. Hopefully you now understand.

State of North Carolina taxpayers are not paying for the stadium or the football team. In fact, Charlotte 49ers football should be an economic driver to the region, increasing tax collections.

The stadium is below grade, taking advantage of the slope of the site. It is not a puddle. Here's an example of another stadium originally built below grade. I think it has worked out pretty well for these guys. Our time is coming.

michigan_stadium.jpg

The stadium will be an awesome, state of the art facility. It will be an incubator for the program. It will start off small with 15,300 of the most rabid major market football fans in the South. It can be expanded to 25,000 overnight with bleachers if the program grows quickly. Ultimately the stadium is designed to seat 40,000. All we need is attendees and money; both of which are virtually guaranteed.

Come on dude. I went to UNC-Charlotte and they have serious problems with being a commuter school. Unless the fraternity life has grown significantly since I was in school, I can't see ..... ah fuck it, not worth arguing with you over it.

Come on dude. I went to UNC-Charlotte and they have serious problems with being a commuter school. Unless the fraternity life has grown significantly since I was in school, I can't see ..... ah fuck it, not worth arguing with you over it.

Instead of being a proponent of further apathy, how about becoming a part of the solution. And UNCC is not a commuter school any more than Chapel Hill is. There are tons of apartments around both schools. Those students aren't counted as residents, so they're considered commuters, but they're really a part of the larger campus community.

Buy your seat licenses. Come to the games. Support the Niners and Gang Green.

Don't feed the troll.

I'll try to answer some of the honest questions as well as some of the blatant insults, while filling in the empty space that exists behind some of your eyeballs.

Cornbread Maxwell is an esteemed alum of Charlotte. He was Tim Duncan before there was a Tim Duncan. The main difference between Cornbread and Duncan is that Cornbread played in the Final Four. However, the stadium will be named McColl-Richardson Field, after its benefactors Hugh McColl and Jerry Richardson. Maybe you've heard of them. I think it speaks volumes that the stadium will be named after two guys who touched many things in their lives, turning them to gold, which actually fits with the 49'ers name.

Charlotte will start as a FCS team, not 1-AA and certainly not Division 2. I understand that many Wake fans are ignorant of how college sports actually work. Hopefully you now understand.

State of North Carolina taxpayers are not paying for the stadium or the football team. In fact, Charlotte 49ers football should be an economic driver to the region, increasing tax collections.

The stadium is below grade, taking advantage of the slope of the site. It is not a puddle. Here's an example of another stadium originally built below grade. I think it has worked out pretty well for these guys. Our time is coming.

michigan_stadium.jpg

You do know that FCS is the same thing as 1-AA don't you? They just changed the name from 1-AA to FCS. I'm sure somewhere a long the line we'll need a cupcake FCS/1-AA opponent and we can spank you guys at BB&T and give you some bucks for your program.

It's really going to start out seating only 15,300? I would have thought there would be a Div i minimum of 25,000 seats.

What are we at? 38,000 seats? or is it a tad more?

MQBWDOHLLXEJFGI.20100922132943.jpg

The field house is cool, and makes me realize, boy we need a new one. The rest of it ... ahh. It looks like they have plans for about 500 cars right now, following the "think small' mentality. Build it, and they will come - or about 500 will. Anything more and we're fucked.

Last edited:
Regarding conference affiliation, we are still weighing our options. The SoCon and big south are afraid of us because they're afraid we'll blow their doors of on the way to the FBS and eventually the BCS or whatever it's called by then. We want to protect our strong basketball tradition and aren't willing to subjugate our basketball team to those inferior basketball conferences.

CAA is a possibility, but the problem is the same.

So now we will operate on the Notre Dame model, which is most appropriate for us because our uniforms are similiar in color. Our football team is independent and our other sports play in the Atlantic 10.

And UNCC is not a commuter school any more than Chapel Hill is. QUOTE]

If you had any credibility, which you did not, then you would have just lost it all. I am actually happy for UNC-C and think it is good for the community, but this thread has to be a joke.

Back