• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dems might name Keith Ellison as DNC Chair

If this happens it will show they learned nothing from the election. It will be like when the Dems got crushed in the 2014 mid terms and Obama said he had heard the voices of those who hadn't voted.

Gotta lock in that all important Muslim vote.

If this happens it will show they learned nothing from the election. It will be like when the Dems got crushed in the 2014 mid terms and Obama said he had heard the voices of those who hadn't voted.

Why?

Who else do you have in mind?

I'm beginning to believe that RJ's brain was fried by the time he left Wake Forest 42 years ago. Not sure he can mentally handle this ass-kicking that Trump just gave him last Tuesday. This would be a move that Republicans should love, rather than be pissed off about.

By all means, though, put a militant Muslim in charge of the Democratic Party. That should play well in middle America. At least it would be consistent with the Democratic Party's multi-culturalism outreach policy priorities these days.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to believe that RJ's brain was fried by the time he left Wake Forest 42 years ago. Not sure he can mentally handle this ass-kicking that Trump just gave him last Tuesday.

By all means, though, put a militant Muslim in charge of the Democratic Party. That should play well in middle America. At least it would be consistent with the Democratic Party's multi-culturalism outreach policy priorities these days.

Bob, where did you see that he is "militant"? I don't know the guy just curious.

I'm beginning to believe that RJ's brain was fried by the time he left Wake Forest 42 years ago. Not sure he can mentally handle this ass-kicking that Trump just gave him last Tuesday. This would be a move that Republicans should love, rather than be pissed off about.

You are batshit crazy. Only ignorant radical, crazy RWers would EVER call Keith Ellison a "militant Muslim". It shows you know NOTHING about him.

He's not running for president, mind you, it's a glorified community organizer role.

No doubt this will turn off the "Sharia law already exists in America" crowd. It'll even probably turn off some moderate Christians. But his progressive and intellectual bona fides qualify him for the job.

Bob, where did you see that he is "militant"? I don't know the guy just curious.

The more "progressives" I see in the streets these days, the differences between "militant" and "progressive" are becoming more & more blurred. Progressives are acting more & more like militants every day.

Last edited:
They wouldn't want the suck job, but someone like Evan Bayh or Jim Webb would be a wise choice.

Wait, so the people who were just arguing that folks are turned off my the establishment and Trump's win had nothing to do with bigotry are now saying that the DNC electing a black Muslim outside the establishment to be its chairman is political suicide? Weird.

The more "progressives" I see in the streets these days, the differences between "militant" and "progressive" are becoming more & more blurred. Progressives are acting more & more like militants every day.

You know this, but this is a non answer to why you said he was a "militant Muslim."

You know this, but this is a non answer to why you said he was a "militant Muslim."

He just assumed Ellison is militant because some other people protested.

Still waiting to see what problem people have with his qualifications or if they're just playing identity politics.

Are qualifications good or bad? I know Obama was definitely not qualified, he was a community organizer. Hillary was definitely qualified but in that case qualifications are bad, 30 years a public servant = 30 years of corruption, time to drain the swamp! Except don't drain the swamp, re-elect incumbents almost entirely across the board.

See that's why identity politics are easier.

They wouldn't want the suck job, but someone like Evan Bayh or Jim Webb would be a wise choice.

So bring in a white guy to appeal to white guys because...

Back