• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dennys adding 5% surchurge to pay for Obamacare and cutting employees hours

This will get killed by the public and will backfire on Denny's.

Announcing that you're adding a surcharge to costs due to a certain legislation is a pure political outcry. If the purpose is really to pass costs down to the consumer they would do it quietly, an announced surcharge is a fantastic way to scare off business.

Not arguing that there won't be added costs and they will be passed to the consumer, just that this guy is full of it.

Holy shit, the price of a pizza at Papa John's is going to go up 15 cents to cover Obamacare! :willynilly:

Papa John refuses to raise the prices $0.15. He's going to fire some people and cut the hours of others.

It's important to note that this only applies to black customers. It's Denny's after all.

Waffle House is much better for greasy breakfast food at 3 AM.

So when the price of gas goes up and it costs more to have materials shipped to Papa John's, and to deliver the pizza's, does he put a surcharge on there for oil company subsidies we all pay?

So when the price of gas goes up and it costs more to have materials shipped to Papa John's, and to deliver the pizza's, does he put a surcharge on there for oil company subsidies we all pay?

This thread is about Denny's.

In a way, Hello, this thread is about all of us.

Look, i'm not surprised that a guy with the moniker "WakeAndBake" is concerned about rising pizza prices.

If I were Papa John, I would just hike up the prices in Colorado and Washington. That will cover any obamacare expenses.

Back