• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dennys adding 5% surchurge to pay for Obamacare and cutting employees hours

Papa John refuses to raise the prices $0.15. He's going to fire some people and cut the hours of others.

Forbes magazine did a study and found out that it would just be 4cents add to pizzas to cover his employees.....this is the crap that pisses me off!!

This thread is about Denny's.

ok, but Papa John's was mentioned in the article there, Sparky. But for you I'll substitute these interchangeable franchises.

When the price of gas goes up does that moron with the busted up grill that owns those Denny's franchises put a surcharge in for the oil subsidies he is paying?

ok, but Papa John's was mentioned in the article there, Sparky. But for you I'll substitute these interchangeable franchises.

When the price of gas goes up does that moron with the busted up grill that owns those Denny's franchises put a surcharge in for the oil subsidies he is paying?

I know the Garlic Sauce is actually pretty good for a chain pizza condiment, but you don't have to take your frustrations out on me about it.

To answer your question, I have no idea what he does.

So when the price of gas goes up and it costs more to have materials shipped to Papa John's, and to deliver the pizza's, does he put a surcharge on there for oil company subsidies we all pay?

Actually lots of places include a fuel surcharge.

This is just nonsensical political grandstanding. Of course all of the conservative media outlets are happy to ride along with this garbage. If he actually does go through an put a "5% Obamacare surcharge" on the receipts, his customers are sure to head for the exits feeling ripped off and will be happy to take their business to finer dining establishments such as Waffle House or IHOP.

Why do Americans support bad food? All it takes is a wee bit of effort to eat food that does not suck. And support your local economy at the same time.

^ exactly. And America in their gas-guzzling machines scream "Freedom!" and shell out trillions to fight wars in faraway places to secure "American interests (hint- that means oil)", shell out for gas surcharges, pay higher prices for everything but scream "Freedom" again when mileage standards are to be raised etc.

But God forbid that they pay a little extra for some health coverage for the poor schmuck who is working to cook those eggs who can't go to the doctor for care for his aching back from standing over the griddle all day.

America...fuck yeah!

Why do Americans support bad food? All it takes is a wee bit of effort to eat food that does not suck. And support your local economy at the same time.

Bad food is usually cheaper. Everyone can't shop at Whole Foods.

Guess you are one of the people who can't make an effort. Or have never shopped for yourself and realized that it can be cheaper. That bad food is cheaper argument is used by all people with bad diets who choose not to try. And then you guys trot out the Whole Foods line like that's what I was suggesting. Believe it or not, there is good food to be had outside Whole Foods, whose food is always blander than it looks anyway.

Guess you are one of the people who can't make an effort. Or have never shopped for yourself and realized that it can be cheaper. That bad food is cheaper argument is used by all people with bad diets who choose not to try. And then you guys trot out the Whole Foods line like that's what I was suggesting. Believe it or not, there is good food to be had outside Whole Foods, whose food is always blander than it looks anyway.

I prefer the Fresh Market, personally. I don't make the conscious decision to eat at Denny's or its equivalents in other genres.

Are you an extreme couponer?

RJ may know more about this, but I understand that almost all restaurants in San Francisco have added a "Health Law" surcharge to their bills, not because of Obamacare but because the San Fran city council mandated that all restaurant employees have health coverage. I definitely saw it on all the bills when I made my first and only trip to San Fran earlier this year.

Plus, guarantee in most neighborhoods there are mom and pop breakfast and pizza joints that give you more food for the same amount, or very little extra. People are just lazy and don't care what they eat. Take Matthews Cafeteria where I live in Tucker, GA. Breakfast for the same price, or less, than Denny's, exponentially better. Been there 50 years.

Plus, guarantee in most neighborhoods there are mom and pop breakfast and pizza joints that give you more food for the same amount, or very little extra. People are just lazy and don't care what they eat. Take Matthews Cafeteria where I live in Tucker, GA. Breakfast for the same price, or less, than Denny's, exponentially better. Been there 50 years.

See below.

I prefer the Fresh Market, personally. I don't make the conscious decision to eat at Denny's or its equivalents in other genres.

I would give money to my local pizza place, but we usually dominate at trivia and get giftcards. We do tip well, so there's that.

This is the same sort of asshole who also requires a $2.00 minimum purchase before letting you use a credit card at a convenience store.

Back