• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dennys adding 5% surchurge to pay for Obamacare and cutting employees hours

the investors who own the restaurant chains might only make 8% instead of 8.5%. Oh, the humanity.

I understand investors are in it to maximize profits, and that it is the job of the BOD to see to it that they do. Hell, Im sure my portfolio contains funds that invest in companies like DRI. But if they don't make quite as much as before because of health care costs well, by God, that's the new cost of doing business. We need a single payer system.

the investors who own the restaurant chains might only make 8% instead of 8.5%. Oh, the humanity.

I understand investors are in it to maximize profits, and that it is the job of the BOD to see to it that they do. Hell, Im sure my portfolio contains funds that invest in companies like DRI. But if they don't make quite as much as before because of health care costs well, by God, that's the new cost of doing business. We need a single payer system.

Take your "portfolio" and pay for your own insurance. Then you will have single payer insurance without abusing anyone else.

Why do you even have a portfolio, Bake? Did you fail to pay taxes on those ill-gotten gains? Maybe we should ask the IRS to look into why you can accumulate riches while some people who did not have your birth advantages can't. You 2% are taking advantage of the rest of us.

I hope I can get a wonderful career like you have. But for right now, let's concentrate on raising your taxes and taking your retirement account.

And getting rid of your home mortage deduction, which is causing homelessness.

hmm, sounds kinda bad. I'm thinking I should wring my hands and stomp my feet and cry a tear for every percentage point of tax that I pay to the big bad gubmint and stake out some land in Idaho.

We definitely have to take w&bs 401k. The people need this money and he made it from the poor. Most Americans don't have this kind of wealth.

I think he just needs to sit down with a grown man who has worked and paid taxes and ask a few questions about how the real world works. Maybe his daddy. Maybe he'll let him have a sip of his beer.

There are proposals to take the private retirement accounts of greedy money grabers like W&B and replace them with a secure government program like SoshCurety. It's a kind of single-payer retirement and it is a progressive approach to the problem of some people hogging all the love for their own heirs and not spreading it around to the people who dug the ditches that keep the roads clear so W&B could drive to his cushy job and come home safely to a loving family.

Denny's is one of the worst places I have ever eaten. I went back a second time, just to make sure the terrible experience had not been some accident. It hadn't. Never again. How does that place stay in business?

My lady friend's family took her grandfather there for his birthday. She told me and I was absolutely shocked.

Back