• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Derek Jeter

Groovy pitch by Meek for an opposite field hitter

Screen-Shot-2014-09-25-at-11.19.42-PM-1024x542.png

Meek definitely grooved one especially considering Britton had fanned Jeter to end the game the night before.

Whose knob is ESPN gonna slob on next year?

I've always liked Jeter, but ESPN kills everything about 20 times over before it moves on.

Meek definitely grooved one especially considering Britton had fanned Jeter to end the game the night before.

You won't groove one if it means your team loses a playoff position. If you do, the team should cut you. There's a huge difference between playing the Tigers and the play-in team.

He made a bad pitch. He didn't groove it.

Meek's fastball to Jeter was 86 mph on the outer half right where Jeter likes it. His fastball average for the month of September is 91. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy nor am I saying he grooved it, but that's interesting.

Funny or conspiracy? A horse named Jeter was claimed. Nine different groups put in a claim on him.

I didn't even think about it until I saw Rovell tweet he couldn't find a book that was taking Jeter gets a walk off hit but I would have definitely laid a hundred on that had I actually seen a prop like that. One of his Vegas guys said it would have been about 150-1.

Meek sucks. If he was trying to groove a pitch, it would probably end up 8 inches inside.

You don't groove a pitch in a game that can keep your team from going to the World Series.

You don't groove a pitch in a game that can keep your team from going to the World Series.

If we were actually trying to win that game, Meek would not have been pitching. The orioles decided last week that it was more important to get guys rested and healthy going into the post season, than it was to get homefield advantage.

regardless of whether or not he "grooved it," it was a terrible pitch

anybody could have smacked an 88 MPH fastball up and out over the plate

If we were actually trying to win that game, Meek would not have been pitching. The orioles decided last week that it was more important to get guys rested and healthy going into the post season, than it was to get homefield advantage.

It has nothing to do with home field advantage. It's about having to face a hot Tigers team with their starting pitching versus playing the play-in team.

regardless of whether or not he "grooved it," it was a terrible pitch

anybody could have smacked an 88 MPH fastball up and out over the plate

Dance, dance, dance....being a terrible pitch is a grossly different than being a grooved pitch.

But nice attempt to dance away from your other position.

It has nothing to do with home field advantage. It's about having to face a hot Tigers team with their starting pitching versus playing the play-in team.

I guess you didn't read the Grantland article yesterday about playoff myths. No evidence that "hot teams" do better in the playoffs and no evidence pitching wins championships.

It would have been nice to get the play in game winner just because they would have to waste a start in that game. But I can't fault Buck for trying to get everyone rested and healthy.

I don't give a damn about Grantland. I don't want face a team that has three Cy Young winners, last year's top ERA, and another guy with 15 wins and a 3.31 ERA. Add to that a lineup that scores a ton of runs and has been a perennial playoff team.

Right you'd rather play a team like that than either of two teams that are limping into the playoffs and will have used their aces to get to face your team.

It's total crap that a team would groove a pitch and dramatically lower its chances to get to the World Series.

Last edited:
Back