• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Derek Jeter

I guess you didn't read the Grantland article yesterday about playoff myths. No evidence that "hot teams" do better in the playoffs and no evidence pitching wins championships.

It would have been nice to get the play in game winner just because they would have to waste a start in that game. But I can't fault Buck for trying to get everyone rested and healthy.

You have no idea what pandoras box you just opened by bringing statistical logic here.

Dance, dance, dance....being a terrible pitch is a grossly different than being a grooved pitch.

But nice attempt to dance away from your other position.

i'm not dancing

my stance is that he grooved it

and now i'm saying regardless of whether or not he did, it was a garbage pitch

i'm not dancing

my stance is that he grooved it

and now i'm saying regardless of whether or not he did, it was a garbage pitch

You're a monkey, dance monkey dance.
dance-monkey-o.gif

That girl must love eating ass.

Now that he is retired I think Timmy d might be the next beloved great to go and might be the last for a while of their stature.

Now that he is retired I think Timmy d might be the next beloved great to go and might be the last for a while of their stature.

Tim isn't really beloved. I think everyone respects him. I also think he will just retire rather than announce his victory lap. I imagine he would absolutely hate the attention of a farewell tour like Jetes. The next basketball player we will likely see do something like this is probably Lebron.

If Tim could retire without even a press conference, he would.
I'd say he'd announce his retirement on Twitter and be done with it , but he doesn't tweet either.

tim will just stop showing up to practice and people will start seeing him at comiccon and D&D tournaments

If Tim could retire without even a press conference, he would.
I'd say he'd announce his retirement on Twitter and be done with it , but he doesn't tweet either.

He'll just either have the Spurs announce it, casually mention it in an interview, or just stop showing up.

He'll be unrecognizable in his TREEBEARD costume.

[Phone Rings]
Hello I am Tim Dun-...Theodore. Tim Theodore. Would you like a tax consultant? I'll do it pro bono, I just love talkin' taxes!

[Phone Rings]
Hello I am Tim Dun-...Theodore. Tim Theodore. Would you like a tax consultant? I'll do it pro bono, I just love talkin' taxes!

I hope the onion publishes a coffee table book with all their articles on Timmy.

I don't give a damn about Grantland. I don't want face a team that has three Cy Young winners, last year's top ERA, and another guy with 15 wins and a 3.31 ERA. Add to that a lineup that scores a ton of runs and has been a perennial playoff team.

Right you'd rather play a team like that than either of two teams that are limping into the playoffs and will have used their aces to get to face your team.

It's total crap that a team would groove a pitch and dramatically lower its chances to get to the World Series.
Tigers have not won the division yet.

Back