• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin Thomas and ACC Officals

Seems slightly odd that Devin says he was frustrated at himself, not the call... and then stares at an official. That makes no sense.

It makes no sense because it's a lie. He was angry at the official. He stared and barked at him. The official warned him no more. Devin continued. Devin received a technical.

Life isn't that complicated.

Devin continued what? Staring? Sorry, nowhere in the rule book does it say you can give a kid a T for staring.

If you think Devin Thomas is going to get treated the same way Mike Krzyzewski is treated, you're an idiot. Reality people. It's a great world once you understand it.

If you think Devin Thomas is going to get treated the same way Mike Krzyzewski is treated, you're an idiot. Reality people. It's a great world once you understand it.

I have admitted in several posts that there is a different standard for referees and players. What I witnessed and heard (from my seats, quite a good bit aways away from Coach K) would honestly make sailors blush.

Is cursing in a refs face from 2 feet away not a technical? How about yelling at him from across the court with a profanity laced tirade? Or jumping up and down and slamming his feet down like a petulant 7 year old child?

I get it, refs are afraid of him, but that doesn't mean he needs to be regulated just like every other coach. He has refs his in his pocket, and that will always be the case until somebody puts an end to it.

Again, reality. If people in charge of something tell you to stop doing something, stop. All of these people getting shot by cops have one thing in common... had they done what the people in charge told them to do, they wouldn't have gotten shot. Same is true here.

Again, reality. If people in charge of something tell you to stop doing something, stop. All of these people getting shot by cops have one thing in common... had they done what the people in charge told them to do, they wouldn't have gotten shot. Same is true here.

Oh boy.

keeper would've strung it out for a lot longer before going political. Give it another couple decades, you'll live up to your daddy's legacy one day.

3265984-in_before_the_lock_super.jpg

Don't get to use these enough on this board.

All the people getting shot by cops have one thing in common---they aren't white, and most of them are black.

Another point in all this applies to both spectrums--just because you have authority doesn't mean you have the right to disrespect and belittle those that are "beneath" you. That causes a lot of the problems too.

IN BEFORE THE LOCK AS WELL.

Seems slightly odd that Devin says he was frustrated at himself, not the call... and then stares at an official. That makes no sense.

It makes no sense because it's a lie. He was angry at the official. He stared and barked at him. The official warned him no more. Devin continued. Devin received a technical.

Life isn't that complicated.

There are plenty reason Devin might have continued to look at the ref after he got upset with himself and slapped the basket:

1) he was glaring at the ref to, with the power of his eyes, dare the ref to give him a T
2) He was watching the ref, nervously, hoping that he would not give him a T (Have you ever been speeding down the highway, passed a cop hiding in the bushes then nervously checked your rear-view evey 2 secods to see if he/she is coming to get you)
3) He was trying to see if the ref was wear his contacts or not
4) Strictly through pupil dilation communication techniques he was challenging the ref to an arm wrestling match.
5) He just figured out answer #4 from his probability theory exam last week and was lost in thought and annoyed that he hadn't thought of it sooner.
6) etc.

Personally, I think #2 is the most likely.

probability? I had that at Wake. Good class.

Back to hoops.

I'm pretty sure that glaring by Devin Thomas is definitely a T, especially if it helps Coach K's team. You can look it up, it's in the ACC rule book.

IIRC, you also can't call at T on Coach K no matter what he does or says. And that's in the ACC rule book beyond any doubt.

sorry I can't remember page, section or paragraph number but it's definitely in there, just as sure as Duke is gonna get the home cooking from the refs when we play them again

by the way, I'm pretty sure that Duke getting preferential treatment against us by the refs is in the rule book too, and unlike other arbitrary calls, it will be enforced scrupulously, it always is

now, where is TheReff when we really need him?

and oh yeah, you don't need any probability theory for these things, they are certain

I am pretty sure Devin was telepathically calling the ref an "effing" idiot with his stare. The only thing missing was the "I'm watching you" hand sign. Pretty much a you disgust me look.

Did the ref tell Devin to stop staring? Maybe he said "take a picture, it will last longer"? This whole conversation is ridiculous. Just admit it - the T was unwarranted and the result of an egotistical ref with a bad temper and a quick trigger (but only as applied to Devin, apparently).

All the people getting shot by cops have one thing in common---they aren't white, and most of them are black.

Another point in all this applies to both spectrums--just because you have authority doesn't mean you have the right to disrespect and belittle those that are "beneath" you. That causes a lot of the problems too.

Turfg vs doofus is setting up to be an amazing battle of the blowhards.

fuck you doofus

Now I understand...Devin got a technical because he is black and K didn't get a technical because he is white. BTM (black technicals matter)!!!

Ayers was definitely calling DT out. DT ended up against the basket standard and slapped it. He didn't jump or make an aggressive move toward the standard. No way anyone else is called for a T there. Ayers stared at DT as he walked from the standard to his position on the foul lane. Only then did Ayers finally turn and report the foul to the scorer. If you watched DT at the line prior to the T there is no evidence of him staring at or badmouthing Ayers. If he made a comment he definitely didn't advertise it.

I was a big critic of DT's behavior on the court his first two years. Several ACC refs are the ones out of line now.

douche alert

Back