• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin Thomas

So can we put a rest to that talk that We need a bigger big to play C. Thomas/Moto could be a good frontcourt going forward.

So can we put a rest to that talk that We need a bigger big to play C. Thomas/Moto could be a good frontcourt going forward.

we still need frontcourt depth. that should be recruiting priority #1.

Am I crazy in saying that was one of the best all around performances by a Deac in a single game? Maybe I am success starved and a crumb looks like Thanksgiving dinner but that was fucking impressive. Scoring, rebounding, blocking shots, dishing assists, playing emotional leader. It probably been since Timmy that one guy has done so many things well.

Hypocrite. Add me to the list of posters you claim are obsessed with you if it makes you feel better.

I agree. This is why emotional people and idiots shouldn't post on a game thread.

I'll point out it was me who predicted a all frosh acc campaign for devin this year and got laughed at because he was a 3 star. When we talk stars just remember that Ty walker had 5 and tabb and Swinton had 4. Fuck you dave telep.

Hypocrite. Add me to the list of posters you claim are obsessed with you if it makes you feel better.

I agree. This is why emotional people and idiots shouldn't post on a game thread.

I'll point out it was me who predicted a all frosh acc campaign for devin this year and got laughed at because he was a 3 star. When we talk stars just remember that Ty walker had 5 and tabb and Swinton had 4. Fuck you dave telep.

I don't want to jink the kid or develop unreasonable expectations of him, but I thought two games ago his season was looking a lot like Tim's first season, where he first started making a name for himself rebounding and defensively, and then gradually got confidence in his offense game.

he's a face-up jumpshot away from being a pro prospect which is really damn impressive considering his HS ranking. probably need to cool the jets on the tim duncan talk.

he's a face-up jumpshot away from being a pro prospect which is really damn impressive considering his HS ranking. probably need to cool the jets on the tim duncan talk.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, but I saw some things that reminded me of Duncan last night. His post moves and passing last night, were at times akin to Timmy D.

I think he got jobbed by the statistician on blocks. Seemed like he had more than 4, maybe 6 or 7.

Nevertheless, what a stat line!

he's a face-up jumpshot away from being a pro prospect which is really damn impressive considering his HS ranking. probably need to cool the jets on the tim duncan talk.

I'm telling you guys. He's becoming Tyler Hansbrough with slightly less good hands.

Some of those up-and-unders, little turn around tear drops, and general post repertoire near the basic were so Tyler during his freshman year. They're basically the same size, with similar athleticism, and Devin was being the same type of menace last night.

Note: this also means that he's not exactly a pro prospect. I don't really see what part of his game translates to the league, simply because he'll always be undersized there. He'd need to develop a serious jump out to 25 feet to warrant serious playing time there. Teams love Stretch 4's who can run the floor these days.

I think he got jobbed by the statistician on blocks. Seemed like he had more than 4, maybe 6 or 7.

Nevertheless, what a stat line!

I thought he had more than 4 assists. Seemed like he had 4 in the last 10 minutes or so alone.

He was far and away the best player on the court. This wasnt just a step forward, this was an exploding on the scene type of performance.

Tyler Hansbrough is the most tunnel-visioned dude in the world though. He never passes... ever. He also had a money jumpshot and was allowed to travel.

Oh noes, an effective undersized big man who stays 4 years!!!!

Back