• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin

Dude's averaging 17 and 10 his last five games. If he can keep this up, he will be a lottery pick next year no problem.

His game doesn't translate well to the NBA. No matter how good his numbers are there is no chance he gets drafted. He will have a long and successful career playing overseas though.

His game doesn't translate well to the NBA. No matter how good his numbers are there is no chance he gets drafted. He will have a long and successful career playing overseas though.

I think there's a slim chance that a savvy team takes a flyer on him late if he continues to improve rebounding. He will need to develop a least some shots away from the basket though. Reminds me a little of Dejuan Blair, who reminded by of Big E FWIW.

Had the most vs. Dook stat line ev-ah.

12-20 FG-FGA, 0-0 FTA.

Devin could possibly be a second round pick if he averages a double-double next year, just because the NBA has figured out that rebounding translates. But he would have to have something close to an All-ACC 1st team year to even get that. He is 6'7 with very little in the way of range. Not exactly a stretch 4 like everyone wants these days, nor is it likely that he will be able to consistently score in the post against NBA bigs.

Devin could possibly be a second round pick if he averages a double-double next year, just because the NBA has figured out that rebounding translates. But he would have to have something close to an All-ACC 1st team year to even get that. He is 6'7 with very little in the way of range. Not exactly a stretch 4 like everyone wants these days, nor is it likely that he will be able to consistently score in the post against NBA bigs.

Umm, You dont think Harrell and Okafor will be starting NBA bigs in two years?

He's not tiny, and he is really quick and has decent handle for his size. He is playing as an undersized 5 for us, but has proven in the last two games that he can bang, rebound and take it two lottery picks who will be playing 4/5 in the NBA. If he can learn to hit a 15 foot jumper I dont see why he couldnt be a backup 4 off the bench in the NBA.

DraftExpress has him listed as the 52nd best junior. It'd take a miraculous senior season for him to get drafted. He's smaller and less athletic than JMM but with a similar game (face up and drive b&b) and JMM didn't get drafted.

Devin won't get drafted. Might make it onto a summer league roster but will not get drafted.

Had the most vs. Dook stat line ev-ah.

12-20 FG-FGA, 0-0 FTA.

I noticed that too and didn't know whether to laugh or punch a brick wall. An inside banger putting up 20 shots and not going to the foul line once. Wow.

(This is all speculation btw, since I live in South Carolina and like Dispatch was unable to find the game on any channel.)

Umm, You dont think Harrell and Okafor will be starting NBA bigs in two years?

He's not tiny, and he is really quick and has decent handle for his size. He is playing as an undersized 5 for us, but has proven in the last two games that he can bang, rebound and take it two lottery picks who will be playing 4/5 in the NBA. If he can learn to hit a 15 foot jumper I dont see why he couldnt be a backup 4 off the bench in the NBA.

He has played against teams with 1 NBA big on each team. Do you think he would have performed as well playing against Harrell and Okafor together?

He has played against teams with 1 NBA big on each team. Do you think he would have performed as well playing against Harrell and Okafor together?

It's also #samplesize. We can't take his 2 best games, maybe of his career, and use that as a baseline. Scoreless against Delaware State was a little over a month ago.

Devin is playing awesome of late tho, hope he keeps it up.

Devin has been awesome. The previous 4 games to UL, teams weren't biting on his multiple head fakes and he was missing contested or off-balance shots close-in. I'm seeing crisper moves out of him and stronger finishes. He's also been making some shots he hasn't made consistently in his career. I'm not sure if I expect that to continue and it will be when his shots aren't falling or when he gets tough fouls called on him that we can truly evaluate whether he's had any sort of emotional breakthrough. Personally, I don't care if he gets the occasional T b/c I find him to be the most compelling storyline we've had in a while, warts and all.

I also think CMM deserves some kudos for some very solid rebounding this year. He's not leaking out for fast breaks on defense, which probably costs him some points but seems to be a net positive for the team.

I assume Devin would be playing with an NBA big as well, not to mention NBA guards and forwards.

Devin could be a nice energy guy off the bench in the NBA if he keeps this trajectory.

There have been scores of ACC PFs who were really good college players that didn't translate to the pros. There aren't many undersized 4's in the league who can't shoot and don't have plus athleticism. He is what he is as an athlete and I just don't see any way he goes from where he is as a shooter to being serviceable.

There have been scores of ACC PFs who were really good college players that didn't translate to the pros. There aren't many undersized 4's in the league who can't shoot and don't have plus athleticism. He is what he is as an athlete and I just don't see any way he goes from where he is as a shooter to being serviceable.

TITCR.

I assume Devin would be playing with an NBA big as well, not to mention NBA guards and forwards.

Devin could be a nice energy guy off the bench in the NBA if he keeps this trajectory.

Trying to get past 1 6'10 guy to shoot over a 6'8 guy =/= trying to get past 1 6'10 guy to shoot over another 6'10 guy, with a 6'8 guy coming off of the wing to play help defense. Especially when the majority of those players weigh as much or more than you.

Eric Williams couldn't make it in the NBA. Do you think Devin is better than him?

Not in terms of his career. He could be if he keeps this trajectory, Devin could be a better prospect. Devin would not be asked to be a primary scorer on an NBA team and would rarely require help defense. He has a slim chance of making it, but let's not write him off given the improvement we've seen in the last week.

Back