• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did [Redacted] delay the inevitable for a year?

71fa3ca8bcd74ba770ed373d25e78327.jpeg

52bcf381d2bbb.image.jpg

Are Rusty and his family actually prepared to move?

Childress had one of my favorite Wake moments of the season last night. Thomas caught a pass standing wide open under the basket- I mean seriously wide open- not a player within 10 ft of him. All he had to do was turnaround and dunk the ball. For some unknown reason Devin became confused, fumbling and looking around before finally passing the ball back out, which resulted in a turnover. Bz immediately called a TO and as Devin was walking to the bench with his head down, Childress, laughing his ass off, walked up to him and gave him a little shoulder bump. Good stuff.
I think that was the same play where Coach Battle basically fell over in his chair. It was a great reaction. He kind of rolled his eyes and fell out...

Well considering his career took him from Moscow to Chicago to Italy to California, they're probably prepared to deal with it.

Prepared how? Physically? Mentally? You do what you have to do. He has put his name in the hat for a few jobs.

They lived a nomadic lifestyle for years...Chicago, Russia, Italy, France, Idaho, Asheville, Oakland, Salt Lake City, Boston. Several of those he lived away from his family. Can't fault a guy with four kids for wanting to put down roots for as long as possible in one area. Pretty sure they are okay with moving if it means advancing his career. Pretty sure their kids naturally want to stay in this area.

100% certain he wants to return the WFU basketball program to what it once was...and then make it better.

if by inevitable you mean "contract extension" then probably yes. I prefer this win over beating a #2 Miami team nobody cared about last year.

Before this conjecture gets too far, BabyDeac, do you actually expect Buzz to resign at the end of the season and then for the entire coaching staff to be scattered to the wind with a new coach and his staff brought in? Makes little sense.

Makes perfect sense. If Wellman again insists on dictating the make-up of the staff, we will again be limited to Bzdelikan candidates.

Back