• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Trump insult widow of Niger GI?

yeah, in part, because he chose to politicize the very act of calling gold-star families earlier that week

you seriously don't get that this is a(nother) self-inflicted wound?

This. The reporter asked if he had called the families, and he got ass on his shoulders and did his thing where he lashes out at everyone like a toddler, invoking Obama and Bushes. Now the snowflakes come out and say the left is being hysterical. Tools

yeah, in part, because he chose to politicize the very act of calling gold-star families earlier that week

How is it a self-inflicted wound? People who don't regularly watch Fox news are either outraged or just shake their heads. People who watch Fox are outraged at this horrible excuse for a Dem congresswoman. There is no such thing as a self-inflicted wound when it comes to something Trump says or does when it's viewed through the eyes of his fan base.

Add to this, Trump would have a folder with info and pictures regarding each person he's calling. Not knowing or addressing who he is talking to is gross laziness and an unimaginable lack of empathy and humanity. How tough is it to have the names in front of you and use them?

This. The reporter asked if he had called the families, and he got ass on his shoulders and did his thing where he lashes out at everyone like a toddler, invoking Obama and Bushes. Now the snowflakes come out and say the left is being hysterical. Tools

I have to say, that's a good phrase. I may need to talk off-line about permission to reuse.

You admit that you don't believe he prepared to speak with a new widow. You then absolve him for his lack of preparation which, at best, led to him misspeaking.

I wonder if you forgive your associates for that type of negligence.

"Well hell, Sparky! You're telling me that the Judge granted summary judgment against the client because you failed to prepare and accidentally claimed that our client had no damages? No big deal, son. We'll just let the malpractice carrier deal with it. Try and give it a better effort next time!"

I feel like there is someone on this board who spends a ton of time telling others that they should hold certain populations to the same standards that they would hold their own family. Any idea who that is?

Didn't we all hear General Kelly describe in detail what he told him to say? Wouldn't General Kelly know more than anyone? I don't understand this angle at all.

There really is a tweet for everything. It's incredible.

very good in the same way that high level bombing is very good at hitting small targets

When a video tape capture somebody saying something they denied saying, then the explanation could vary from lying, mistaken or even both.

So General Kelly claims Rep. Wilson made statements the video demonstrates she didn't make. Maybe that is an excusable mistake. But after the video comes out, the White House refuses to admit that General Kelly was factually inaccurate (due to mistakes or lies, either way). Pretty clearly not a mistake, right? It would almost be like sending someone on to a TV show to claim that an attack on an American Embassy was a result of a protest over a movie. And we know that is a sin that can never be forgiven.

It is amazing how "that crazy bitch lied" is key conservative political strategy.

I hadn't seen the video of General Kelly's description when I posted the former, I don't think. I'm not even sure it was out yet. Which of those did I post first? Did I post them in the order you copied them?

I will admit to not knowing things that haven't happened yet. Congrats?

So General Kelly claims Rep. Wilson made statements the video demonstrates she didn't make. Maybe that is an excusable mistake. But after the video comes out, the White House refuses to admit that General Kelly was factually inaccurate (due to mistakes or lies, either way). Pretty clearly not a mistake, right? It would almost be like sending someone on to a TV show to claim that an attack on an American Embassy was a result of a protest over a movie. And we know that is a sin that can never be forgiven.

He was reading from prepared remarks at that point. Trump's minions set him up in the most despicable way possible. How he hasn't resigned shows his sense of honor has been dramatically impaired since taking this job.

Not only did Trump's people set him up. They did so when he was defending his heroic dead son. There are no words to accurately describe Trump's people who intentionally did this. They are so far below contempt and human decency.

It is amazing how "that crazy bitch lied" is key conservative political strategy.

It appears to work. You must learn to embrace the new alternative reality. Trump is Milo Minderbinder.

He was reading from prepared remarks at that point. Trump's minions set him up in the most despicable way possible. How he hasn't resigned shows his sense of honor has been dramatically impaired since taking this job.

Not only did Trump's people set him up. They did so when he was defending his heroic dead son. There are no words to accurately describe Trump's people who intentionally did this. They are so far below contempt and human decency.

Who the fuck are "Trump's people?" I have no doubt General Kelly said exactly what he wanted to say.

Who the fuck are "Trump's people?" I have no doubt General Kelly said exactly what he wanted to say.

Because he knew what he was getting into.

Talk about Fake News

Back