• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Trump insult widow of Niger GI?

Probably one of those"I didn't vote for Trump, I voted against Hillary!" types.

"I don't want to be "Stronger Together" because America isn't great."

Probably one of those"I didn't vote for Trump, I voted against Hillary!" types.

Nope. He’s admitted many times he was one of those “I’m not going to win, so I’m going to quit and take my ball home with me” types.

have not bothered to read this whole thread. a couple observations:
1. this is a brilliant(?) Trumpian diversion from the actual story, which is that 4 GIs got killed under mysterious, possibly inappropriate circumstances. Instead of holding the administration to account, the nation is obsessed with this ridiculous argument about which president was nicest to gold star families. Pretty sure FDR didn't personally call the families of all 405,000 GIs killed in WW2 so obviously he sucks as a president. GTFO

I don't know... yes, it redirects away from a story that looks bad, but because of the attention, there has been a new wave of stories investigating what happened. I think he could have avoided it better by saying they were waiting on the results of the investigation and moving on to the next question.

CBS: New details emerge on ambush in Niger that killed 4 U.S. soldiers

NBC: Niger Ambush Came After ‘Massive Intelligence Failure,’ Source Says

CNN: What we know and don't know about the deadly Niger attack

WSJ: Death of U.S. Soldiers in Niger Sparks FBI Probe, Criticism

USA Today: The Niger attack, Rep. Wilson and John Kelly: How we got here

Reuters: Senator McCain says subpoena may be required to get answers on Niger ambush

Did you vote for candidates on the ballot? I forget.

I wrote in somebody acceptable, since no one on the ballot was. I have standards. Somebody smart enough to be worried about Russia before it was cool.

I wrote in somebody acceptable, since no one on the ballot was. I have standards. Somebody smart enough to be worried about Russia before it was cool.
Which played right into Putin's hands. Romany really was the perfect choice for you. You can sound above it all, claim no responsibility for anything , act like Trump isn't a Republican and still blame democrats for everything. Your perfect choice

Last edited:
Which played right into Putin's hands. Romany really was the perfect choice for you. You can sound above it all, claim no responsibility for anything , act like Trump isn't a Republican and still blame democrats for everything. Your perfect choice

He was smart, honest, accomplished, capable and proven. I have my criteria, you have yours.

He was smart, honest, accomplished, capable and proven. I have my criteria, you have yours.
I generally like to use people who are running for president as a starting point. Should have voted for Ronald Reagan. Why constrain yourself to living people if you're voting for a fantasy choice?

I generally like to use people who are running for president as a starting point. Should have voted for Ronald Reagan. Why constrain yourself to living people if you're voting for a fantasy choice?

Not having standards is a good way to keep getting terrible candidates.

The gerrymandering that you seem to be okay with pretty much ensures that we won't have a pragmatic candidate from the right

Have you learned the lessons of the Republican primaries?

Sure. Both parties paid lip service to the issues that matter to Middle America, and it cost them both. As it should. I hope they both do better in the future, and mean it next time. Trump is the punishment for years of neglect.

so you made the decision that even 18 year old me considered immature in a representative democracy

rad bro rad

Back