• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Trump insult widow of Niger GI?

Who the fuck are "Trump's people?" I have no doubt General Kelly said exactly what he wanted to say.

The communications staff and others in the WH. There's no way Kelly knew anything about the speech in Miami at the dedication. I have faith in him enough to think he wouldn't blatantly lie about what was said at the dedication like he did.

I agree that Kelly what he wanted, from what he was told, about the call issue. I doubt when he made his statement that he knew how close Rep. Wilson was to the Johnson family. I seriously doubt Kelly knew Wilson was a mentor and friend of Sgt. Johnson.

1. Trump botched the call because he lacks the ability to feel empathy.
2. The picture of Johnson's wife is one of the most impressive and moving images I've seen in a while.
3. The Congresswoman in question obviously has a bad hat for every outfit.

c8T1XXY.png

Why is the left politicizing the death of a soldier?

Have they no shame?

How are the deaths of US soldiers in international conflict not political?

have not bothered to read this whole thread. a couple observations:
1. this is a brilliant(?) Trumpian diversion from the actual story, which is that 4 GIs got killed under mysterious, possibly inappropriate circumstances. Instead of holding the administration to account, the nation is obsessed with this ridiculous argument about which president was nicest to gold star families. Pretty sure FDR didn't personally call the families of all 405,000 GIs killed in WW2 so obviously he sucks as a president. GTFO
2. This event has given us this brilliant authoritarian quote by Sarah Huckabee Sanders:
The White House stood by Kelly's remarks Friday. When asked about the video at the White House press briefing, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told the reporter, "If you want to go after General Kelly that's up to you, but I think that if you want to get into a debate with a four-star Marine general, I think that's something highly inappropriate."
In the new Trumpiverse, (retired) four-star generals (with political jobs) are not to be questioned even when video decisively proves them wrong. All hail dear leader and the glorious military.

it's a well known fact that gold star mothers are lying liars who exploit their dead children for cheap political points

1. Trump botched the call because he lacks the ability to feel empathy.
2. The picture of Johnson's wife is one of the most impressive and moving images I've seen in a while.
3. The Congresswoman in question obviously has a bad hat for every outfit.

c8T1XXY.png

All pics like these should be on the news every night, on Twitter, etc.

2. This event has given us this brilliant authoritarian quote by Sarah Huckabee Sanders: In the new Trumpiverse, (retired) four-star generals (with political jobs) are not to be questioned even when video decisively proves them wrong. All hail dear leader and the glorious military.

Note: Only applies to generals Trump likes.

DMmyoK-VoAAWkha.jpg:large

Sadly, the true problem isn't Trump. The problem is people who prop him up and plan to keep doing so for 7+ more years. We can't impeach them or take away their right to vote. We are stuck with these people who want this authoritarian regime.

Back