• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did You Drink a Senior Fifth?

Did you drink a Senior Fifth?

• Yes - I drank a whole fifth

• I attempted it

• No - I drank, but wasn’t participating

• No - I didn’t drink and wasn’t participating

Results are only viewable after voting.

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
Wake Forest has a tradition, mainly Greek, of Seniors attempting to drink a fifth of alcohol on the day of the last home football game. Many try to finish by the end of the football game, which makes the noon games a major shit show.

I had had too many embarrassing drunken experiences earlier in my time at Wake to still be drinking like that my senior year, plus no one in my house was doing it.

I said yes but that is not 100% true. I was probably a couple drinks from finishing when cops came thru and saw me pouring a drink and they asked for my fifth. I proceeded to get down on all fours with the bottle under me and barked at them until they said, "give us the bottle or have a worse day. your choice." I barked two more times and said, "yeah, that's fair. thanks."
luckily I knew the officers. it pays to be nice to people!

I was not my finest hour but it is a story.

it was a thing but nobody I knew drank liquor like that. senior case would have been right up my alley. there was also some kind of psyop by campus police putting out the word that you'd get in BIG TROUBLE if you tried to drink a fifth in the parking lot and that seemed to suppress it some. I really miss that old parking lot that turned into tennis facilities. great spot for tailgating

This one i absolutely did do. We had a 3:30 kick so gave us more time. I think we were out in the parking lot by 8 am and all took a breakfast shot to kick things off. Then was just pouring heavy mixed drinks for seven hours (Bacardi Rum which I thought would be much easier than vodka or whiskey) Finished my last drink as I was walking into the game. Don’t remember anything about the game at all as I just passed out in the stands but somehow woke back up as it was ending, I think walked back to my apartment and got cleaned up and went out for more shenanigans. Not the smartest thing I’ve ever done by any means. Had several friends get into various trouble with authorities throughout the day but somehow I must have appeared less drunk by comparison.

Came close, but wasn't really trying - I think I DD'ed for friends until 3ish that day for a 7:30ish kick? I drank half a fifth bottle of Jaeger + 3 shots of something else so I definitely did my part in the time I had

Wake Forest has a tradition, mainly Greek, of Seniors attempting to drink a fifth of alcohol on the day of the last home football game. Many try to finish by the end of the football game, which makes the noon games a major shit show.
Huh, I answered wrong. I thought this was asking about senior year of high school. Yes, I drank a senior fifth in undergrad. But like, not for a special occasion or anything.

Drank a fifth of Jameson. Part of it was mixed with coffee in the morning, then I just started drinking it straight out of a plastic Earth Day 94 thermos, and when I finished the bottle, I spiked the thermos and stomped on it out of glee, and then immediately regretted it because I loved that thermos

If I still have a myspace there should be a pic on there with me and 2/5ths of a half gallon of popov vodka. It was gross. No idea how far I got, but I threw up a shitton of popov and cran around noontime, then stopped drinking and recovered pretty good for the rest of the night

Back