• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did You Drink a Senior Fifth?

Did you drink a Senior Fifth?

• Yes - I drank a whole fifth

• I attempted it

• No - I drank, but wasn’t participating

• No - I didn’t drink and wasn’t participating

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wasn't happening in my day. Glad of it, frankly. Never been much of a liquor guy. I like a shot of whiskey occasionally, but the whole 25+ ounces? No fuckin' way. That'd make my 'check liver' light come on.

I did my senior fifth with Kettle One. IIRC, we had a 3:30 kickoff against BC that day so we got kind of lucky with the later time. Started with screw drivers which quickly turned to dew drivers, because I was 22 and gross.

We threw a pre-game at our apartment that started at like 9 so way too early since I had mine polished off by 1. I remember getting to the tailgates and having a couple of beers, but I don't remember the game at all. I know I was there, though, because there were photos.

The next thing I remember was waking up in my bed around 9 with a bag of taco bell on the floor. The craziest part of the day is that we rallied and went out that night.

I worked for the team and couldn’t participate but my college gf’s sorority had her formal that night. Wake has them move all formals to that night to curb participation. As a senior we had a limo and my then gf got me a fifth of Jack.

It was gone at the end of the night. No clue if I had any help, but I was good and banged up.

I think I had a fifth of something (rum?) that I was gonna see how it went, but I wasn’t committed because I had to do the PA announcing for women’s volleyball later that day.

So had like half, was completely hammered, smelled terrible, basically went from putting my passed out buddy into bed after he killed a fifth of something called 5’oclock Gin to Reynolds, and just lucked out that my boss had a bit of humor about it and I was still somewhat lucid and could still speak without slurring/garbling. I definitely should have been fired on the spot.

ETA - not Greek. Just got super into boozing those last two years.

Last edited:
I did the senior fifth. Gin and juice. Started with a big cup in my early intro to religion class with a couple others. There were like 5 seniors in the class with all or almost all of the rest being freshman. We were a problem that day.

I think I had a fifth of something (rum?) that I was gonna see how it went, but I wasn’t committed because I had to do the PA announcing for women’s volleyball later that day.

So had like half, was completely hammered, smelled terrible, basically went from putting my passed out buddy into bed after he killed a fifth of something called 5’oclock Gin to Reynolds, and just lucked out that my boss had a bit of humor about it and I was still somewhat lucid and could still speak without slurring/garbling. I definitely should have been fired on the spot.
My social anxiety could neverrrrrr

gentleman jack. 08 got lucky with a night game vs nc state. i was in the student section and looking at the field but i could not process what was going on. i knew the crowd was cheering for something but could not see what was happening, it was crazy man. (iirc, the play from my memory was a long jordan williams td).

i got kicked out of the game (bc i dropped my nokia phone walking into the section from the concourse) so was wandering around the parking lot when a friend in his car miraculously yelled at me and gave me a ride to my apt. good times, i guess.

Last edited:
gentleman jack. 08 got lucky with a night game vs nc state. i was in the student section and looking at the field but i could not process what was going on. i knew the crowd was cheering for something but could not see what was happening (iirc, it was a long jordan williams td).

i got kicked out of the game (bc i dropped my nokia phone walking into the section from the concourse) so was wandering around the parking lot when a friend in his car miraculously yelled at me and gave me a ride to my apt.
Not a fifth, but my first semester in Lambda Chi my big brother gifted me a pint of Gentlemen Jack which I promptly killed in 30 minutes before a date night event with chi-o. I remember enthralling some girls with a stupid joke story about saving a bunch of nuns from a burning bus, and then falling asleep in the bathroom at Burke Street Pub. It was an ignominious start to my short Greek life.

Back