• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did You Drink a Senior Fifth?

Did you drink a Senior Fifth?

• Yes - I drank a whole fifth

• I attempted it

• No - I drank, but wasn’t participating

• No - I didn’t drink and wasn’t participating

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think I had a fifth of something (rum?) that I was gonna see how it went, but I wasn’t committed because I had to do the PA announcing for women’s volleyball later that day.

So had like half, was completely hammered, smelled terrible, basically went from putting my passed out buddy into bed after he killed a fifth of something called 5’oclock Gin to Reynolds, and just lucked out that my boss had a bit of humor about it and I was still somewhat lucid and could still speak without slurring/garbling. I definitely should have been fired on the spot.
Man. I did soccer PA announcing while at Wake. Can’t imagine doing that half in the bag…

I did it as a sophomore, but it was unplanned, sudden and Jagermeister.

I’m lucky to be alive and haven’t had anywhere near that much again.

Drank a fifth of Jameson. Part of it was mixed with coffee in the morning, then I just started drinking it straight out of a plastic Earth Day 94 thermos, and when I finished the bottle, I spiked the thermos and stomped on it out of glee, and then immediately regretted it because I loved that thermos
I remember this day haha

We definitely had an early game if I recall. Against FSU

I remember parts of the morning. And some parts of tailgate

But definitely remember moment I started to sober up and it was middle of second half and I had my shirt off in the stadium. Was in a section I did not normally sit in

I’m calling bullshit on everyone who participated succeeding in finishing the bottle.
I think ours was at 3 PM against Maryland. We needed to win to make a bowl and Maryland was horrible. We just started drinking past midnight the previous night and tossed it in our drinks in the morning. Wandered over to my mom's tailgate area and almost certainly made a fool of myself (what else is new though).

We played state at noon. Went and got a bottle of beam the night before and bumped into TD at the abc store. Started at about 7:30 mixing beam and ginger in a 32oz Gatorade bottle. at a buddy’s place in student apartments. Went for the tailgate and finished before the start. Saw Marlon Estes catch approximately 50 hitch routes from Rusty Larue as Rusty through for. 500+ and we still only scored like 24.

Went to the basketball scrimmage after. Duncan as I understood it, did sr 5th after the game.

I tried to have a beer at like 7 that’s night and my body was like FUCK NO.

Good times.

We played state at noon. Went and got a bottle of beam the night before and bumped into TD at the abc store. Started at about 7:30 mixing beam and ginger in a 32oz Gatorade bottle. at a buddy’s place in student apartments. Went for the tailgate and finished before the start. Saw Marlon Estes catch approximately 50 hitch routes from Rusty Larue as Rusty through for. 500+ and we still only scored like 24.

Went to the basketball scrimmage after. Duncan as I understood it, did sr 5th after the game.

I tried to have a beer at like 7 that’s night and my body was like FUCK NO.

Good times.
This is Deacon excellence right here

I had no chance of finishing the fifth, so I didn't try. Was pretty hung over from the night before so just had a couple beers. This was the UConn game, so maybe I should have tried?

I have attempted 4 40s in 4 hours. I was wildly unsuccessful.

I’m calling bullshit on everyone who participated succeeding in finishing the bottle.

BAC Calculator

Using this, and using my college weight, and 16 shots, and 10 hours drinking (I think we started around 9am-930am for an evening game), I get a BAC of 0.17%....that's drunk for me based on my tolerance back then, but nowhere near blackout or vomiting. I would have been easily able to manage that. (And I did) Especially with it being mixed drinks and not straight shots (which I'm fairly certain everyone mixes their Senior Fifth and not straight shots.) I wouldn't have been able to do 16 shots, but 8 or 9 generous Jack & Cokes over 10 hours and I'd be OK (Drunk, but OK).

I did it as a sophomore, but it was unplanned, sudden and Jagermeister.

I’m lucky to be alive and haven’t had anywhere near that much again.

I don't know if anyone here saw it, but in the early-mid 2000s there was a video circulating everywhere (Like I think even CollegeHumor had circulated it)...I'm not sure where or how I saw it, probably CollegeHumor, or maybe facebook, but there was a guy at a party who opened a bottle of Jagermeister and chugged the entire bottle. At first I was like WTF!?! (I hate Jager), and after looking at it more closely, it was a guy that graduated from my High School a year or two ahead of me and he was at a party.

(I have no knowledge on whether or not he is still alive).

It was one of those "I can't believe I just saw that" things, and felt even weirder knowing the guy and having had classes with him in HS.

Bottom line....Jagermeister is DISGUSTING!

BAC Calculator

Using this, and using my college weight, and 16 shots, and 10 hours drinking (I think we started around 9am-930am for an evening game), I get a BAC of 0.17%....that's drunk for me based on my tolerance back then, but nowhere near blackout or vomiting. I would have been easily able to manage that. (And I did) Especially with it being mixed drinks and not straight shots (which I'm fairly certain everyone mixes their Senior Fifth and not straight shots.) I wouldn't have been able to do 16 shots, but 8 or 9 generous Jack & Cokes over 10 hours and I'd be OK (Drunk, but OK).
definitely doable if spaced out. The average person metabolizes roughly 0.015% per hour so you are burning off roughly a drink as you taking in more. The analogy that I often use in court is a bathtub... Water is constantly going down the drain at a steady rate so if the faucet is pouring more in than is going down, the overall water level will rise. If the faucet stops or is trickling in less water than is going down the drain, the level drops.

Side note, I ALMOST completed mine but got nabbed by ALE for drinking liquor in an area zoned only for beer. I was 21 so they were pissy they couldn't get me for underage drinking. I never would have thought that these life experiences would be such great anecdotes for my future career.

I downed a whole bottle of Jäegermeister before. I didn’t chug the whole thing though.

Back