• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did you get a raise?

Yeah, see? I almost went with that grand stratagem today myself. It's hard to have a strong sense of self-worth and still make it in the corporate world. It's what got me thrown out of military school (and cost me a NROTC scholarship in the process). I just ... have trouble ... taking it. Grrr.

It is the same or even worse in government. I just got passed over for two promotions because I am too progressive and might actually hold people accountable. That would make people too nervous. I have a feeling that a new job is on the horizon.

House-of-Lies.jpg

Jean Ralpho is in that? Now I really have to watch it.

I am in consulting as well and our raises are based entirely on tenure (it's up or out). Should get ~4% in August and then 30+% summer 2014.

It is the same or even worse in government. I just got passed over for two promotions because I am too progressive and might actually hold people accountable. That would make people too nervous. I have a feeling that a new job is on the horizon.

Government is awful. My brother just got passed over for a promotion to manager in his program because "they needed someone with management experience, not someone who knew the program". Uh, that was the reason they fired the previous manager - she knew nothing about the program and as a result, couldn't manage the program well.

Government is awful. My brother just got passed over for a promotion to manager in his program because "they needed someone with management experience, not someone who knew the program". Uh, that was the reason they fired the previous manager - she knew nothing about the program and as a result, couldn't manage the program well.

My mother just retired from being a Palm Beach County librarian. It amazes me how her observations about government management in her job is spot on with my job in SC state government. It is like she works with me.

Back