• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did you get a raise?

3%. Before your Monday chat, you need to find a finance guy you trust and, assuming this isn't already public knowledge, ask him/her where increases were budgeted... 2%..3%..4%, etc. Even then, it may not tell you anything..e.g., your COO may love you but maybe he needed to bring a peer into a given job comp range.

Yeah - so see, I got a large pay increase last year (~20%) and now they're trying to use that against me. My view is that I EARNED that large salary bump, and all future increases should be based on what I've done since. And what I've done since is bust my tail.

Compensation is about what you contribute to the company. If you are making the company more money than last year you get more. If you aren't you don't.

Good memory, Appreciate.

I was recently a business analyst at a large IT company. I received my companies highest performance ranking and only received a 2.3% raise.

Got 3% last year. Should be 2% this year (evaluation is in 2 weeks). I work in local government. Hours and benefits are great and the salary is good for the area.

Generally my friends who change jobs every 2 years seem to be getting the best and most consistent raises.

10% yearly raise here. Also had to do with a promotion I got though, so it may have been a touch less had it not been for that (prob around 5% otherwise).

I cannot remember the last time I got a cost of living raise. I do know that my insurance rates keep rising so I am effectively making less each year. I did get recognized today for over ten years of service and got a cute lapel pin so I have that going for me.

Anyone hiring a board certified forensic toxicologist?

I was recently a business analyst at a large IT company. I received my companies highest performance ranking and only received a 2.3% raise.
That's rough.

I'm an Operations Analyst doing Strategy stuff and our entire company each year gets raises between 1-5% based on merit. And then top 10-20% of employees get promotions, which are usually around 15-17% raises.

That's rough.

I'm an Operations Analyst doing Strategy stuff and our entire company each year gets raises between 1-5% based on merit. And then top 10-20% of employees get promotions, which are usually around 15-17% raises.

Yeah, my company was not doing well overall, or in the division in which I worked. The account on which I worked did fairly well every year and is one of most well-respected in the industry but our allotment for raises and bonuses were based on the division as a whole. Very frustrating.

I received my companies highest performance ranking in 2011 and 2012 (I was the only one to receive it out of 60 people in my managers group.) It was unfortunate, but Tuesday was my last day there, so... on to greener pastures.

That's rough.

I often wonder how different my life would've been if I had gotten that job straight out of college.

15% year 1 (promotion)
3% year 2 (busted my ass)
3% year 3 (average work)

Cost/benefit tells me I need to pay my dues before receiving a promotion to management so it's not worth busting my ass in the short-term. Wish I would have come to that conclusion in year 2.

That's rough.

House-of-Lies.jpg

I got a raise going into 2012, but didn't get one for 2013, was told that if I'm on track for some goals that have been set for me (and I more or less am....where I'm not are on things that are more or less out of my control) then I'm told I'll get a 7% raise at my next review (which was supposed to be this week, but I was travelling for work this week, so maybe next week)

My company has a very static 1-3-5% raise structure. Almost every gets 3% by default and I've never gotten less than 5%. At this point, there is almost zero correlation between how hard I work and the raise I get. We do get end of year bonuses, but from experience those seem to have no basis in actual performance as well.

Still, I don't have many complaints. Great job security and flexible scheduling.

Back