• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did you get a raise?

I cannot remember the last time I got a cost of living raise. I do know that my insurance rates keep rising so I am effectively making less each year. I did get recognized today for over ten years of service and got a cute lapel pin so I have that going for me.

Anyone hiring a board certified forensic toxicologist?

beat you on this one. this year, 10 years with company, I get a business card holder

I cannot remember the last time I got a cost of living raise. I do know that my insurance rates keep rising so I am effectively making less each year. I did get recognized today for over ten years of service and got a cute lapel pin so I have that going for me.

Anyone hiring a board certified forensic toxicologist?

Rubbin and Sey Hey could probably use a toxicologist.

Will probably have my review next week. We've gotten raises every year Ive been here, although sometimes they are modest. I billed and collected a bunch of ca$hish for the firm this past year, so I'm expecting probably 3-4%, maybe more.

Got 8% last October (our review structure is set up for that period). Hoping for at least that much this year.

Work for the government and the grant I work on budgeted a 3% raise for us every year...I've only been working 3 months, but I would be shocked if I didn't get that full amount

2.5% this year for an "Acheives" rating. 5% for "Exceeds". Pretty much the same every year. It'll move a little bit, as the company tries to keep Base Comp in the 75th percentile of like-sized companies.
That is just annual merit incresae, not promotions, bonus, etc.

Last edited:
My company hadn't given raises in 2-3 years. Last year they outsourced a few hundred of us technical support & development folks to a contractor & we kept doing our same jobs, just with a different company name on the paycheck. Under my new employer, I got a 3% raise this year (folks still at the old company got 2% or nothing), still get to work from home, and have a few other small perks I didn't have with the old company. Works for me.

ETA: and I was able to keep the vacation I had at the old company - 4 weeks per year.

Last edited:
beat you on this one. this year, 10 years with company, I get a business card holder

I beat you both. I passed the 10 year mark with zero fanfare. An extra week of vacation was automatically added.

No. And we are being asked to take a two week unpaid furlough this summer.

I was able to convince them to raise my contracting rate 7 percent. Which sounds great until I was forced to take two weeks unpaid and I couldn't count the two weeks I was already taking unpaid for my wedding and honeymoon. So for this fiscal year we are finishing up I will have an entire month of unpaid leave. That essentially puts me right back where I was before. (Of course, I am not discounting that I will be able to make the same money while not working for four weeks, but still...)

I am on 17 years, no fanfare, but I have the former sports anchor's(NOT mrdave) pen he recieved for 10 years at the company. He left 13 years ago.

11% last year
Laid off this year (my birthday was my last day). Yay.

So if anyone needs a comp and Ben guy, let me know

Yeah, I got 4 10% raises in 2.5 years at my first job in LA and then got canned 4 months later. Apparently telling a guy they hired as a superior who was terrible and tried to throw me under the bus to cover up for his terribleness to go fuck yourself is not good for your job security. He got canned a year later and the head boss told me "whoops, you were right"

Yeah, I got 4 10% raises in 2.5 years at my first job in LA and then got canned 4 months later. Apparently telling a guy they hired as a superior who was terrible and tried to throw me under the bus to cover up for his terribleness to go fuck yourself is not good for your job security. He got canned a year later and the head boss told me "whoops, you were right"

Yeah, see? I almost went with that grand stratagem today myself. It's hard to have a strong sense of self-worth and still make it in the corporate world. It's what got me thrown out of military school (and cost me a NROTC scholarship in the process). I just ... have trouble ... taking it. Grrr.

Last edited:
Yeah, see? I almost went with that grand stratagem today myself. It's hard to have a strong sense of self-worth and still make it in the corporate world. It's what got me thrown out of military school (and cost me a NROTC scholarship in the process). I just ... have trouble ... taking it. Grrr.

but then my next job paid me more than the one I got fired from. Think I'm getting fired from my current client and going to a new one that will give me a 50% bump.

but then my next job paid me more than the one I got fired from. Think I'm getting fired from my current client and going to a new one that will give me a 50% bump.

I'm very glad to hear it. I may be banking on a similar success story very soon.

3% but I work for a non profit so it's not saying much... Boss man said I scored in the top fourth of my organizations performance appraisals this year though, so the moral victory is nice. Bz and I will be enjoying an Odouls later on if anyone wants to join

3% but I work for a non profit so it's not saying much... Boss man said I scored in the top fourth of my organizations performance appraisals this year though, so the moral victory is nice. Bz and I will be enjoying an Odouls later on if anyone wants to join

Lord, I hope Buzz surprises us all this year. Doubt it, but I hope so ...

Back