• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did you get a raise?

booradley

Reaction score
I did. OK. Great. But at 2.3%, it was lower than expected coming off a year where, again, I said "Yes" to every report request that came to my way, and basically busted my ass to make everyone happy.

According to NBCNews, the average salary rate increase is projected to be 3%. So, am I to be insulted here?

I'm a business analyst and information systems analyst for a national marketing firm. I'd be interested in some serious feedback before I have a little chat with my boss (the COO) on Monday.

This year sucked for everyone cause they rolled back the payroll tax holiday.

"But COO, everyone on the boards got a 4% raise!!!!!"

And buckets got a 12 figure bonus and his company paid all of his taxes.....

Nope, and I didn't get one this past year, either.

Good luck talking to your boss, though. Hope that goes well for you...

Nope, and I didn't get one this past year, either.

Good luck talking to your boss, though. Hope that goes well for you...

da fuq? Why stay somewhere where you get shafted 2 years running?

da fuq? Why stay somewhere where you get shafted 2 years running?

public sector :noidea:

basically, i'm just pleased to still have a job.

I got 9% last year and 3% this year.

yeah, i could pursue another job, and i do have my ear to the ground, but i make pretty decent money and the hours are flexible enough that i can do what i like outside of work.

yeah, i could pursue another job, and i do have my ear to the ground, but i make pretty decent money and the hours are flexible enough that i can do what i like outside of work.

:squint:

in other news, i was here until about 7 last night and got up from my desk twice all day (10.5 hours). today has been a little more relaxed (because i was such a boss yesterday), and at this point i'm basically just waiting for my actual boss to give me a list of items to adjust in the budget. i've asked if i can help with anything to help the process go faster, and he said no... which sucks, because my ability to leave depends on his ability to get things done.
it's a beautiful day, i have to do a fartlek run tonight, and i just want out of the office... but i can't go. laaaaaaame.

i got 13% this year and 9% last year, but this year's also came with a promotion.

eta: my company is kind of underperforming the market at the moment, but the industry is KILLING IT. so they're kind of making up for the years before then when nobody got raises because the entire industry was suffering so much.

i got 13% this year and 9% last year, but this year's also came with a promotion.

eta: my company is kind of underperforming the market at the moment, but the industry is KILLING IT. so they're kind of making up for the years before then when nobody got raises because the entire industry was suffering so much.

Yeah - so see, I got a large pay increase last year (~20%) and now they're trying to use that against me. My view is that I EARNED that large salary bump, and all future increases should be based on what I've done since. And what I've done since is bust my tail.

Because I have hella benefits and job security. Once we are back on dual incomes I will most likely look around. Right now, its not worth the risk.

Income one: Fightin' fiars

Income two: Quenching thirst with malted barley

Done and done.

Back