• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dirtiest basketball player in HS?

private porkster was just getting his moneys worth, isnt that what coaches always tell their kids? If youre going to foul, make sure you foul them hard enough so the shot doesnt go in?

There's a huge difference between what you are saying and head hunting with your elbow agaisnt defenseless opponents.

If somehow that fatass was on my team, I would have benched him for a half after the first. If he did the second one (#4) in the same game, I'd suspend for at least two games. If he did #5 after doing either #1 or #4 and being told not to it again, he'd be off my team.

There is no place for playing like that.

I disagree - #1 was clearly a flagrant. Sure he swatted at the ball but the violence with which he followed through shows that his real intent was to hit the guy. He wouldn't have really cared if he hit the ball or not.

You know his "intent" because you've seen the rest of the video and it's already be couched by RJ. Standing on it's own, #1 is just a hard foul.

I'm glad this kid didn't play HS basketball in NC... That's all I can say about that.

Heck... Downey's little bro got me about 5 or 6 times in one game with similar shots at BMcG (didn't really blame him...)

I think the only reason this clip is 'viral' is because the guys are meaty (obviously football players) & it makes it look a lot more vicious when they hack a 120 lbs guard.

There's a huge difference between what you are saying and head hunting with your elbow agaisnt defenseless opponents.

If somehow that fatass was on my team, I would have benched him for a half after the first. If he did the second one (#4) in the same game, I'd suspend for at least two games. If he did #5 after doing either #1 or #4 and being told not to it again, he'd be off my team.

There is no place for playing like that.

I was joking RJ

You know his "intent" because you've seen the rest of the video and it's already be couched by RJ. Standing on it's own, #1 is just a hard foul.

If you see that play alone and know anything about basketball, you know he was headhunting.

But as multiple others have accurately said, racer simply sees my name, has a Pavlovian repsonse, quivers and spews "RJ doesn't know anything".

One of the funnies Racer bits wazs on a thread when he asked my bona fides to comment on recruiting. Even when given facts he couldn't defer.

I feel very sad for you .

I think it's a little overreaction. They are fouls but this happens all the time in games. Should they have been called? Yes, some of them. Worst in all of HS? No.

And somebody's Dad is being a crybaby about the refs - who tapes a game and broadcasts it on youtube to get the league refs changed? I guess every team has "those" parents. (If your kids team doesn't, then it's you. Congrats.)

If you see that play alone and know anything about basketball, you know he was headhunting.

Translation: If you don't agree with me, you're wrong (this can apply to most of your posts)

But as multiple others have accurately said, racer simply sees my name, has a Pavlovian repsonse, quivers and spews "RJ doesn't know anything".

Translation: My defense mechanism is just to accuse others of lying or having it out for me whenever they disagree with me. It's easier than having an actual discussion.

One of the funnies Racer bits wazs on a thread when he asked my bona fides to comment on recruiting. Even when given facts he couldn't defer.

Translation: I can't spell. And, I claim to know a lot about basketball, so even when I say outrageous things, you better not disagree with me, because you don't know anything.

Translation: WHY DO YOU LIE!!!!!!!!!!????????>>!!!!!!>!>!<!>!?????????

I think it's a little overreaction. They are fouls but this happens all the time in games. Should they have been called? Yes, some of them. Worst in all of HS? No.

And somebody's Dad is being a crybaby about the refs - who tapes a game and broadcasts it on youtube to get the league refs changed? I guess every team has "those" parents. (If your kids team doesn't, then it's you. Congrats.)

In general I absolutely agree with your last paragraph. Keep the parents away from such decisions and from the coaches during and after games.

These types of parents harm their kids much more than they help them in their sports. Actinng like this alienates other refs. It alienates the coach and sets up their sons/daughters for ridicule from their teammates.

Thanks for proving my point RACER.......

Originally Posted by RJKarl

Translation: I can't spell. And, I claim to know a lot about basketball, so even when I say outrageous things, you better not disagree with me, because you don't know anything.

REALITY- RJ's typing sucks more than Linda lovelace or Jenna Jamison (did I get both generations in?)- You didn't address the point.

On that thread you said I didn't have any experience and if so I should outline it. I did outline it and showed you to be wrong.

Of course you didn't say this, you can't. It would destroy you.

Last edited:

joepaterno.jpg

Again, I disagree. When I watched it, that was obviously the first one I saw and I immediately thought it was clearly a bad foul - more violence and way more follow-through than needed to be just a basketball play. If I had been calling the game I might have just called a regular foul on the play but I certainly would have warned the kid and his coach than any further fouls like that one would result in a flagrant and/or ejection.

Where do you people watch basketball? I have been watching for many years and, while I have certainly seen fouls like this before, I don't think I have ever seen more than one in a game. And even then they are rare - it does not 'happen all the time'.

Scooter, our difference on #1 is nuanced. I woudl have called a flagrant and done what you said the warning to the player and the coach.

As you accurately say the "violence" alone warrnats a flagrant and I don't like calling flagrants. they are way overcalled today.

Again, I disagree. When I watched it, that was obviously the first one I saw and I immediately thought it was clearly a bad foul - more violence and way more follow-through than needed to be just a basketball play. If I had been calling the game I might have just called a regular foul on the play but I certainly would have warned the kid and his coach than any further fouls like that one would result in a flagrant and/or ejection.

i.e. It was a hard foul, which is what I was saying. :thumbsup:

I think we're just disagreeing on semantics. It certainly wasn't flagrant standing on it's own, but worthy of a warning. It becomes obvious as the game/video goes on that the kid has a tendency towards those fouls and makes less and less of a play on the ball and focuses more on the player.

Last edited:
Where do you people watch basketball? I have been watching for many years and, while I have certainly seen fouls like this before, I don't think I have ever seen more than one in a game. And even then they are rare - it does not 'happen all the time'.

I played basketball in North Carolina. When you play in the mountain conferences, the players aren't dirty but they know how to make sure that you don't get an "And 1." Some of those fouls were just fouls. Yeah the fat kid is probably a meanie to the other little kids on the other team, but if we put every foul that two post players on a team committed in one game back to back out of context on a youtube video, put it in slow motion and labeled it "Dirtiest player in HS basketball" you would probably think those kids were thugs too.

I'm not saying it is not bad, it's just not what you are making it out to be.

Back