• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dirtiest basketball player in HS?

04, there's a difference between being tough, taking hard fouls, being a pain in the ass and trying to hurt someone. #34 was the latter.

this and the nazt "this...thread...is...locked" are my two personal favorite visual contributions to the new and old communities, respectively

Joe Pa has other great rage faces

I nominate this one for every RJ or bkf post of outrage:

p1_paterno.jpg

His reactions are key too though. He just kind of walks away with his chest out like he just made a tackle for a loss. If you are just trying to make a good basketball play with a hard foul, you'd probably either either offer a hand, raise your hand to indicate you know it was a foul, or at least have some semblance of remorse.

CDeac another accurate response.....if you hit a guy the head by accident you say something to him not smirk and smile. When you smirk or smile your speak volumes.

I still haven't seen this hit to the head in #1 that is being claimed.

I would love to see that team play at our local hs....it would be a real riot!

I played basketball in North Carolina. When you play in the mountain conferences, the players aren't dirty but they know how to make sure that you don't get an "And 1." Some of those fouls were just fouls. Yeah the fat kid is probably a meanie to the other little kids on the other team, but if we put every foul that two post players on a team committed in one game back to back out of context on a youtube video, put it in slow motion and labeled it "Dirtiest player in HS basketball" you would probably think those kids were thugs too.

I'm not saying it is not bad, it's just not what you are making it out to be.

It is ironic (or coincidental?) that you say that... I also played HS basketball in NC and happened to have played in one of the 'mountain conferences' - if your username indicates your time at Wake, I was long before your time. I can tell you that when I played there would have been multiple flagrants, ejections and/or fistfights if those types of fouls had occurred.

That kid is not a 'meanie', he is a punk and does not belong on a basketball court.

I think you guys just like to argue. I'm not saying it wasn't dirty. I'm saying he's not the "Dirtiest basketball player in HS."

I nominate this guy: (start at 1:20)

Sitting here I am chuckling. Racer comes to the thread blustering and attacking me...now that most of the people agree with me in some form, he has stopped the insults.

You know you can say you were wrong and shouldn't immediately attack anything and everything I say.

You could even say,"Yep you do have some experience and contacts in basketball."

Nah that's a bridge too far. I'll be happy with a baby step.

It is ironic (or coincidental?) that you say that... I also played HS basketball in NC and happened to have played in one of the 'mountain conferences' - if your username indicates your time at Wake, I was long before your time. I can tell you that when I played there would have been multiple flagrants, ejections and/or fistfights if those types of fouls had occurred.

That kid is not a 'meanie', he is a punk and does not belong on a basketball court.

There would have been a fight at my school as well. And a parent that would have come taken their child off the court saying that they aren't going to wait on their son to get hurt by some punk. And the coach would have been tossed because he would have thrown his jacket and cussed out the ref by that point. There were plenty of times that stuff like that happened. This isn't the spotting of the Sasquatch you guys are making it out to be.

04 this is the thread title:

" Dirtiest basketball player in HS?"

it's a question.

the absurdity of the officiating in that video reminded me of SAC vs. LA in 2002. I don't know what surprises me more, that the kid didn't get thrown out, or that one of the parents on the other team didn't beat his ass in the parking lot after the game.

Sitting here I am chuckling. Racer comes to the thread blustering and attacking me...now that most of the people agree with me in some form, he has stopped the insults.

You know you can say you were wrong and shouldn't immediately attack anything and everything I say.

You could even say,"Yep you do have some experience and contacts in basketball."

Good gravy, you're a dick sometimes.

RJ...just so you know...

I (and I'm sure I'm not alone in doing so) tend to avoid threads once you detonate your patented preteen-girl-drama-bombs and single handedly shatter the likelyhood of rational forms of discussion continuing on in the thread.

Do not take Racer's silence as proof that you were right... He probably just found something better to do with his time than read your squabbling; I wish I was that smart.

Insults? Attacking? Why do you lie?

Yes, you say you have some experience and contacts in basketball, which you seem to think makes you unquestionable, constantly ending your posts with "if you don't agree with me, you don't know anything" statements. Give me a damn break on the bridge crossing. You're a professional bridge demolisher.

The defensive act is old...decades old at this point.

RJ...just so you know...

I (and I'm sure I'm not alone in doing so) tend to avoid threads once you detonate your patented preteen-girl-drama-bombs and single handedly shatter the likelyhood of rational forms of discussion continuing on in the thread.

Do not take Racer's silence as proof that you were right... He probably just found something better to do with his time than read your squabbling; I wish I was that smart.

And occasionally, I actually have to do some work. :thumbsup:

you're right I should just be pinata and let anyone say anything they want.

What's your feeling about personal responsibility?

My real wish is that it would never happen. I didn't start things. The board would be a much better place if others did the same.

Umm, what? #5 was atrocious. And #4 isn't bad until the fat bruiser wants to get in the other kid's face. (The one he didn't push halfway across the court.)

...which is why I said, fat kids with no business on a basketball court. (i.e. #2-5 were flagrant fouls.)

Back