• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan on the GT Debacle

Sometimes I wish Devin wouldn't talk and would just play. He lets his emotions get to him too easily. Really loves him against the world talk.

reading Devin's comments in that article makes you really realize how incompetent Bzz is. There is no way a good (or even a decent coach) would allow his own player to make stupid comments like that on multiple occasions.

"I think it’s safe to say that Codi’s more valuable to Wake Forest than Golden is to Georgia Tech,'' Thomas pushed back. "I honestly didn’t realize until the end of the game that Golden wasn’t in the game. I don’t even know what happened.

"Codi’s more valuable to us than Golden is to Georgia Tech. Who’s the back-up two for us? Miles (Overton). He’s really not that experienced. He’s been getting a little time here, but Codi gets in the gaps. Codi gets into the lane and finishes and he makes plays for himself.

He called miles out, too. And devin, we were getting beat before codi got hurt while golden was out.

"Now I know the community is going to give up on us."

Then don't lose to awful teams after you've been terrible the last three years.

Maybe CMM is more important to WF than Golden to GT. However, Golden is a really good, solid player. I just don't see the need to be a complete asshat like that.

Big words in light of his line today. You would hope that he would have stepped up (a la McKie) when CMM went out. That was a time for booster jets.

The flip side? I know the guys frustrated. Aren't we all?

reading Devin's comments in that article makes you really realize how incompetent Bzz is. There is no way a good (or even a decent coach) would allow his own player to make stupid comments like that on multiple occasions.

Of course, our coach is too busy saying dumb things himself to pay attention to what his players say. At least they have the excuse of being 20 years old.

Devin is intense, I like that. He's also got a poor attitude, I don't like that. A player like Devin takes his lead form his head coach and Bzzz has the same bad attitude.

Devin is intense, I like that.

When he wants to be. I remember multiple times when I've yelled at the tv for Devin to get up & get back down the floor. Multiple times it's been 5 v. 4 because he's been laying down. I remember during the ND game, he waited to get, slowly jogged to not even half court, and before you knew it, the ball switched possession.

When he wants to be. I remember multiple times when I've yelled at the tv for Devin to get up & get back down the floor. Multiple times it's been 5 v. 4 because he's been laying down. I remember during the ND game, he waited to get, sl

I attribute that to the bad attitude. He needs to learn how to keep playing with intensity, even when things aren't going his way.

You mean like Pete Carroll controls Richard Sherman?

Devin is an emotional guy, and Dan was talking to him when he was raw right after the game. I don't agree with his comments, but I don't have a problem with what Devin said given that. Hell, Buzzdick routinely says worse stuff. And why wouldn't we expect our players to look for excuses when our coach routinely gives worse excuses.

He called miles out, too.

Yeah. That sucked to see. I know the 7 man class is close, but they are already a huge issue from a recruiting standpoint for the next coach...even worse if they develop and "us" versus "them" attitude to the rest of the team.

He called miles out, too. And devin, we were getting beat before codi got hurt while golden was out.

Yeah, but he didn't even notice Golden wasn't playing until the end of the game. Give that, it's conceivable he didn't notice the score until the end of the game either.

The guy's attitude is starting to suck. Hope he turns it around.

Devin is an emotional guy, and Dan was talking to him when he was raw right after the game. I don't agree with his comments, but I don't have a problem with what Devin said given that. Hell, Buzzdick routinely says worse stuff. And why wouldn't we expect our players to look for excuses when our coach routinely gives worse excuses.

Yeah, if we expect our guys to be more media savvy, then we need to get a coach was leads by example.

A post-game presser isn't the same as a sideline interview seconds after making the winning play. If he had said those things before going into the tunnel, you'd have a point.

Back