• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan on the GT Debacle

Devin needs a real coach soon or he could become a major head case.

The attitude reflected by Dev in that article is actually nothing new. His emotions have been way too mercurial from Day 1. His intensity is great when channeled properly, but it leads to tremendous inconsistency in his performance. He needs to get a much better grip on his emotions in order to become the player he wants to be. It is not uncommon for him to "disappear" for periods in practice when he becomes frustrated. As noted above, we have all seen it in games as well.

Dev has worked hard on his game, particularly his efforts to develop his right hand and to improve his FT shooting. He now needs to focus greater attention on maintaining a more even emotional balance and more consistent performance.

"I think we lost the game when he went out, and they picked Devin to shoot the free throw. He misses it and they come down and make a buzzer beater three."

Is Travis taking a shot at Devin with that comment?

"I think we lost the game when he went out, and they picked Devin to shoot the free throw. He misses it and they come down and make a buzzer beater three."

I don't think so. It's no secret that Devin can't shoot FTs. Devin would admit as much.

No, he was just summarizing what happened.

Seems like everyone is taking shots at everyone. Devin more or less called out Overton for being a terrible backup. McKie calls out Devin for airballing (think that is the one he airballed) a free throw at a crucial time. Devin takes shots at the fan base, which is asinine when your as bad a team as this one is. Devin even called out the team for starting slow in the 2nd half every game. It would be nice if someone took the blame and just said "it was my fault". That, of course, starts with the coach.

Things are are pretty shitty right now.

It is really hard to support the players recruited by our loser Coach...

I don't think it's very hard to support the players at all, I just think [Redacted] is in way over his head.

I like Devin. Just wish he wouldn't let his emotions get the better of him sometimes.

Devin is a player that if he played for anyone else we would hate him. So I can understand people having a hard time supporting him. Overall I like him because he is a Deac, but agree he needs to control his emotions.

Wish you guys could have heard the Travis postgame interview. Total class act who comes across very well. He refused to blame his teammates. He's easy to support. Not to mention he stepped up big time today. If only one or two other guys had stepped up with him we would've got the W.

The wheels are coming off the Buzzmobile, and Devin knows it. He needs to STFU and Buzz needs to reign him in. Neither seems likely to happen.

And news flash for Devin-- you were still losing when CMM was in the game.

If devin feels like the community is giving up on them why doesn't he just transfer. I wouldn't complain if he left

I like Devin. Just wish he wouldn't let his emotions get the better of him sometimes.

Well Devin had a reason to be POed - with himself. Bad enough to be called out by GT to shoot the FT at the end of the half, and then he responds with an air-ball. That has to be a major ego buster to his MoJo. Hope he can recover (and some others too) and improve to the point his attitude and actions are: you foul me, you PAY.
I think Bill Moto has responded this way - much improved.

Last edited:
You wouldn't complain if our second best player left?

Um...okay. That's kind of weird.

Back