• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Talks Clemson Win

From what I saw on TV there were a lot of empty seats.

Now that we're "winners" I guess Bzz will back for another year. :rulz:

People who were at the game posted pictures. The student section was unreal, so few people. Looked like the free pom poms outnumbered the fans two to one. Hard to believe that was a crowd for an ACC game.

Free pom poms outnumbered students five to one. I grabbed a bunch as I was leaving. Not counting band members there might have been more Betty White giant heads than students. It was a sad scene and the only guy actually cheering was the big donor (young dude) sitting at the lower corner. I was happy to see CMM finally turn in a good game (good second half at least).

Okay, a couple of things after reading that. One, if it takes a freshman that is being red shirting to fire our guys up that's a huge indictment on our coach and our players too. Kudos to McClinton for providing that spark, but come on guys, where's your pride. I'll also add, wouldn't it be nice to hear, "yeah coach really got on us good and got us motivated to go out in the 2nd half and play well." We never hear that. Two, does it concern anybody else that Bzzzz is having dinner with Odom at this point in the season? I would've hoped Bzzzz would've been packing boxes by now, knowing in 2 weeks he's out the door.

After beating this powerhouse, our KenPom rating should go under 100.

LOL at our boy zqglass going off on Buzz in the comment section. :rock:

Ha, I like that article - my interpretation:

1) [Redacted] is such a horrible motivator that it took a freshman who hasn't played a single minute of basketball this year to call out the team and get them jacked up. Side note, he was able to do that because the players respect his skill level in practice, so that's pretty cool.

2) [Redacted] used the zone effectively, then typically stuck with it too long (just like Maryland) - to the point that their best player had two free throws to tie the game. Luckily he was hurt and then Codi made a hero play.

3) Devin Thomas on Travis McKie: "Every ACC 3 man is putting up career highs on us, but that won't happen next year because McClinton can actually play defense." Man I love Devin Thomas quotes. Travis's productivity in the 2nd half after coming out all jacked up after McClinton's speach? One bucket - the lob from Moto on a run out - and a big 3 point miss which was his only other field goal attempt before the game was decided. If you're playing at home, Overton was also 1/2 in the 2nd half.

4) PS, [Redacted] is weird and awkward.

Ha, I like that article - my interpretation:

1) [Redacted] is such a horrible motivator that it took a freshman who hasn't played a single minute of basketball this year to call out the team and get them jacked up. Side note, he was able to do that because the players respect his skill level in practice, so that's pretty cool.

2) [Redacted] used the zone effectively, then typically stuck with it too long (just like Maryland) - to the point that their best player had two free throws to tie the game. Luckily he was hurt and then Codi made a hero play.

3) Devin Thomas on Travis McKie: "Every ACC 3 man is putting up career highs on us, but that won't happen next year because McClinton can actually play defense." Man I love Devin Thomas quotes. Travis's productivity in the 2nd half after coming out all jacked up after McClinton's speach? One bucket - the lob from Moto on a run out - and a big 3 point miss which was his only other field goal attempt before the game was decided. If you're playing at home, Overton was also 1/2 in the 2nd half.

4) PS, [Redacted] is weird and awkward.

Pretty much my interpretation too. I was thinking Rountree probably didn't like Devin's quote either.
I give all the credit to Odom and McClinton.

I agree with about 5000.

"There was another key to the game and I'm going to throw this out there,'' [Redacted] said, unprompted at the end of his post-game address. "Coach Odom and I went for dinner last night and I picked him up and said `Coach where do you want to go eat?'
"He said `Well why don't we got to the Rotisserie Factory here in Winston-Salem and see Simone the owner. The last coach I took there won, so let's go again.'

BLL just soaking in the free advertising.

Devin said McClinton "cursed" them out.

#culture

I curse this team out every time that I watch them play. I did not watch last night and they won.

Now I'm cursing RW out that he won't do something dumb and bring Bzz back. :mad:

Still believe that this season was NCAAT or bust for Bzz.

those aren't big money seats, those are wake athletic department seats...if its the guy who i think you are talking about...i watched from home

It is. If they gained motivation from him too, that means a former walk-on, a former coach, and a kid getting a redshirt led us to victory. I'll take many more of those however we can get them.

I wish they would've announced the attendance at the game so everyone could have had a laugh.

Back