• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Talks Clemson Win

Just checking in to say I watched this game later last night on DVR and I can honestly say that's the smallest LJVM crowd for an ACC game I think I've ever seen. Both the student sections and the entire upper bowl appeared almost entirely empty.

Last edited:
Just checking in to say I watched this game later last night on DVR and I can honestly say that's the smallest LVJM crowd for an ACC game I think I've ever seen. Both the student sections and the entire upper bowl appeared almost entirely empty.

FFF-ME.gif

Just checking in to say I watched this game later last night on DVR and I can honestly say that's the smallest LVJM crowd for an ACC game I think I've ever seen. Both the student sections and the entire upper bowl appeared almost entirely empty.

"We don't typically draw well in...uh, what month is this? Oh, yeah...February. Ya know...historically something or other."

Watch us do the unthinkable and win the ACC tourney. That would send this place into a meltdown like no one has seen before.

I'd take another year of Bz for an ACC tournament title. Those don't come around often here.

Absolutely, same. What worries me about Buzz getting the boot this year is buy out money. We are still buying out Grobes contract, add Buzz to that and we won't have $3mil to throw at a Shaka or Marshall.

How much could one year's buy out be worth? I would be surprised if it is much above $500,000.

Absolutely, same. What worries me about Buzz getting the boot this year is buy out money. We are still buying out Grobes contract, add Buzz to that and we won't have $3mil to throw at a Shaka or Marshall.

There is no chance that [Redacted]'s buyout isn't in the few hundred thousand range. He only has 1 year left on his contract now, and if it was written into his contract that he gets the full amount with just 1 year left then Wellman is a fucking imbecile.

So you'd rather give him an extension, then fire him? A lame duck coach just isn't an option.

those aren't big money seats, those are wake athletic department seats...if its the guy who i think you are talking about...i watched from home

Yep. It is. He's an Associate Prof Marketing in the business school who was a walkon in the mid-90's. Often, he can be more entertaining than the game.

Ohhh, we're talkin' about Kenny? Good guy.

Blindly loyal, but a good guy.

So you'd rather give him an extension, then fire him? A lame duck coach just isn't an option.

No, my point is that WFU doesn't have unlimited resources. A few hundred thousand dollars here and there adds up, then you factor in Grobies buy out. Then you remember we are trying to find a way to throw a few million at a big name, may not be as easy as some think.

but who picked up the check?

God, I would hope the guy who is still making 7 figures and with another year left on his contract, rather than the semi-retired guy. Bzzz would have kept quiet if GDO had picked it up. Just another socially awkward statement from the master himself.

No, my point is that WFU doesn't have unlimited resources. A few hundred thousand dollars here and there adds up, then you factor in Grobies buy out. Then you remember we are trying to find a way to throw a few million at a big name, may not be as easy as some think.

That ACC TV money makes it a lot easier.

That ACC TV money makes it a lot easier.

Truth. Maybe I'm being paranoid...I just don't want to settle for a above average coach this season when we could endure one more year of pain for an exceptional coach in 2016

God, I would hope the guy who is still making 7 figures and with another year left on his contract, rather than the semi-retired guy. Bzzz would have kept quiet if GDO had picked it up. Just another socially awkward statement from the master himself.

Dude, do you not realize how much [Redacted] probably dropped that night?

First, they probably got the mozz sticks because they are unearthly good there, that's $6 right off the bat!

Right. And the cheapest way to handle this is by firing him now. The revenue increases that come with a good hire will easily take care of the buyout. And a lame duck coach would hurt recruiting.

Back