• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Talks State Debacle (Well Done, Dan!)

I don't give a damn about Buzz as a person or coach. I don't care who the coach is or who the players are, it takes both parties clicking for a team to have success. Buzz might be an easy target, but he isn't solely responsible for our poor free throw shooting or any other statistic. He hasn't been a successful coach and after this four year experiment he will be removed of his duties. As I said earlier, I'm looking forward to a new coach just like everyone else.

He is directly responsible for these statistics. We've already established that he can't communicate or motivate by showing that his players have packed it in. If we have a team that can't play defense and cannot shoot free throws then that directly is reflective of the 4th yr coach. These players would not be here but for BZ. College basketball HC has 2 main equally important responsibilities: 1. On the floor teaching, motivating of X's and O's; 1AA. Recruiting.

So your right, both must be clicking for the HC to be competent and competitive and neither is for him. Unless you want to talk big picture and bring up Wellman, IT'S ALL BZ's FAULT.

It has been my opinion that this season would prove whether Bz could coach at Wake. There has been improvement; but it has not continued and we are now regressing. For me, the State game was the final nail in the coffin. The 2nd half was just about as bad as it can get.

If his recruiting is any indication then there is zero chance Bz has or will ever have an affair

It has been my opinion that this season would prove whether Bz could coach at Wake. There has been improvement; but it has not continued and we are now regressing. For me, the State game was the final nail in the coffin. The 2nd half was just about as bad as it can get.

There really hasn't been much improvement.

Where was the improvement? St. Bonaventure or Colgate?

Improvement? Nah, not really.

The UNC win will be our best of the season. CMM has improved substantially. Moto had demonstrated improvement but has recently regressed.

We played better defense for a time and we were playing offense without turning the ball over. All that has changed.

Our inability to rebound, knock down the outside shot and of course shoot free throws are all killers.

When an entire team fails at the free throw line, as we did against State, there is a break down in mental preparation. That is coaching.

The UNC win will be our best of the season. CMM has improved substantially. Moto had demonstrated improvement but has recently regressed.

We played better defense for a time and we were playing offense without turning the ball over. All that has changed.

Our inability to rebound, knock down the outside shot and of course shoot free throws are all killers.

When an entire team fails at the free throw line, as we did against State, there is a break down in mental preparation. That is coaching.

Our best win this season is worse than our best win last season and maybe equal to our 2nd best win last season. Improvement.

We've sucked for 4 years now. No matter the players or their recruiting makeup. You were wrong about [Redacted]. Stop trying to spin it.

Bz,

You've ruined the past 3 years and are currently ruining the present. Please, in the name of pro humanitate, don't just quit but stop signing shit recruits and fucking our future up even further. Walk away. You are rich, can retire, sleep in, design horrible ties, whatever, but you aren't fixing your "legacy" in any way. You know it. Walk the fuck away.

Bz,

You've ruined the past 3 years and are currently ruining the present. Please, in the name of pro humanitate, don't just quit but stop signing shit recruits and fucking our future up even further. Walk away. You are rich, can retire, sleep in, design horrible ties, whatever, but you aren't fixing your "legacy" in any way. You know it. Walk the fuck away.

Love it.

When somebody who is over 60 years old "needs to prove" that he knows how to perform his job, then you have a big problem right there.

CMM's improvement is really no greater than the jump that most players get when they get a lot of run as a freshman.

Our "better" defense and offense was against the worst OOC ever assembled.

Rebounding, shooting, fundamentals…if only there were someone that we could hire to help our players get better and develop these sorts of skills.

CMM has improved substantially.

Has he? Or are his overall season stats padded by the early cupcakes and the fact that CJ is no longer on the team?

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...ious-Our-Team-s-In-Conference-Stats-2012-2014
Wake Players in 2013-2014 ACC Play:

Codi Miller-McIntyre:
2012-2013 --> 7.9 ppg (38.2% FG, 25.0% 3FG, and 50% FT), 2.9 rpg, 2.3 apg/1.8 TO, and 0.7 spg in 29.2 mpg
2013-2014 --> 11.1 ppg (42.2% FG, 10% 3FG, and 59% FT), 2.4 rpg, 3.9 apg/1.7 TO, and 0.5 spg in 29.8 mpg

Our "better" defense and offense was against the worst OOC ever assembled.

Yeah, the ACC stats don't show a huge improvement:
Wake's ACC Conference Record:

2012-2013 --> 4-7 after 11 games, ultimately 6-12.
-average margin of defeat: 15.9 points
-wins: UVA, BC, NC State, Florida State

2013-2014 --> 4-7 after 11 games
-average margin of defeat: 13.9 points
-wins: UNC, NC State, VT, Notre Dame

Last edited:
CMM is definitely a better, more aggressive player this year. That's hard to argue. He also looks to be in better shape. He certainly suffers from being the only player on the team capable of creating offense and having to take lots of contested shots late in the possession when our Bz-tastic offense fails (read: every time down the floor).

Back