• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan Talks State Debacle (Well Done, Dan!)

Unless he sold it, his coastal property is at Sea Trail/Sunset Beach. Twin Lakes Seafood and Crabby Oddwaters both reopen for the season March 1; about a week before Buzz will be available to pay them a daily visit.
We own property at Sunset, and when I'm down there outside of basketball season and have my Wake gear on, I've wondered how awkward it would be to run into Buzz; do we stop and speak for a minute, say a quick "Go Deacs" and keep moving, or just avert our eyes and act like we didn't see each other?

I will allow him to stay in Sunset Beach since we got a new condo in north myrtle just as long as he doesnt set foot in Ellas Seafood, or Calabash Creamery

FSU will crush us on the boards. I expect 20 second chance points. We lose by 5

I don't really buy that Travis and Devin going 3/14 from the free throw line is coaching.

It certainly can be. When the leadership is toxic in any organization, the performance of even the strongest individuals will eventually suffer. And making free throws is almost as much about confidence as it is about technique and muscle memory. Give them a coach they can believe in that can instill confidence, and free throw shooting will improve.

I picture Dan with a half eaten box of donuts at his side reading this thread and thinking to himself, "they like me; they finally like me!"

I think that article is a good sign but not because of some perceived change in Dan. I view this article as evidence that his "boss" has unshackled him. That means that somebody who has been part of the "provide cover for Buzz and Wellman" brigade, has finally had enough.

Last edited:
I don't really buy that Travis and Devin going 3/14 from the free throw line is coaching.

You know what IS coaching though? Letting a guy go for a career high while shooting 2 free throws. And those 2 free throws came with like 3 minutes left in the game.

How weak can you be as a team to just let a guy put up a career high on you without sending him to the line once? Zero physical play, clearly the coaches didn't challenge our players to be physical with him. We matched up Madison on zero-threat Ty Lewis - the one guy shitty enough and small enough in the ACC that Coron could dominate - and instead let Ralston and Barber score 26 between them.

Just another garbage effort. Dan is right to lay it on. We've got a bruiser like Moto out there along with a soft defender like Travis. We've got a liability with Coron and an excellent defender in Madison. But our NBA-caliber coach who "knows matchups" wastes our better defenders and lets their plan dictate the game instead of ours. At least Codi didn't re-injure himself playing on a bad ankle in a 20 point blowout loss.

Yep.

I had the volume off, as I was intermittently watching the game and writing a research analysis at the same time.

He actually said that? Is he senile?

Yes, he actually said that.

I'm not so sure that Bzz is gone. Remember, Wellman kept Caldwell around for EIGHT YEARS. He only had a winning season in his second to last year. Buzz would be with us at least one more year. I won't be watching Wake basketball but Bzz could be around. :rulz:

If buzz is around next year, it may be time to dust off RJK's toilets scheme (although I'm not certain I completely understand the scheme in its entirety).

If buzz is around next year, it may be time to dust off RJK's toilets scheme (although I'm not certain I completely understand the scheme in its entirety).

Bzzz's phone number and address are now available.

As the bad losses keep mounting, there will be no case at all to keep Bz. Even the Mighty Wellman will have to admit he struck out.

lol... creamygoodness with the retaliatory negrep. is there anything lamer in the e-universe?

lol... creamygoodness with the retaliatory negrep. is there anything lamer in the e-universe?

Giving a shit what he has to say in the first place??

j/k but not really.

Well, bitching about Dan Collins' blog maybe.

you gotta neg for sticking up for this shit stain.

shit stain = bzzzzzzzzzz if unclear in my post

For a little over a year I have been #BattleForInterimHC, but now I am thinking it wouldn't be fair to stain Battle's HC resume with a 1-7 record to finish out this season for us. His resume is probably already tainted enough being here as an assistant for the last 4 seasons. I guess we should should just let Bz finish this shit and hope no one else's career is ruined (except Wellman of course, but its too late for that) by it.

Battle probably doesn't want it anyway.

Unless he sold it, his coastal property is at Sea Trail/Sunset Beach. Twin Lakes Seafood and Crabby Oddwaters both reopen for the season March 1; about a week before Buzz will be available to pay them a daily visit.
We own property at Sunset, and when I'm down there outside of basketball season and have my Wake gear on, I've wondered how awkward it would be to run into Buzz; do we stop and speak for a minute, say a quick "Go Deacs" and keep moving, or just avert our eyes and act like we didn't see each other?

All you can say is thanks for trying, Coach. Say anything else and your momma would have to slap you.

Why? Dan Collins sent me an unsolicited PM apparently because he gave a shit about what I thought. I don't think I've ever posted a comment on his blog. There was no reason for him to address me.

He's a beat writer and opinion columnist that covers my alma mater. I think he's a decent albeit lazy beat writer and I disagree with his opinions in his opinion column. It's sad that we have such limited coverage in terms of scope, talent, and personnel.

BSD FOR BEAT WRITER AND WAKEFORESTSPORTS.COM COVERAGE.

Why? Dan Collins sent me an unsolicited PM apparently because he gave a shit about what I thought. I don't think I've ever posted a comment on his blog. There was no reason for him to address me.

Was his PM "Dude, why do you have such a hard-on for me? Did I sleep with your mother and not call her?"

Lots of comments have been piling up on the recent MTOW voicing their displeasure with Bz/Wellman--many more than usual. Also of note: there are a few comments on the WFU Sports facebook page (under the post with the final score from last night) citing the need for the "culture change" to clean up the "thugs" from pre-Buzz but also admitting that Buzz needs to go. I highly doubt those posting such nonsense are people with any influence at all, but it's still a damn shame that portions of the fanbase believe such garbage rumors (i.e. forthcoming NCAA violations and even Dino sleeping with students).

Back