• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

Strnad looks like a great fit for our defense. Though there's a lot to work on. Need to generate more pressure.

Belk Bowl vs. Texas A&M Friday December 29 @ 1PM Discussion

241260f43c7f4390238a315cab29b425.jpg
8fd0fb2609e380bcd977c69fe8832a42.jpg
1f3fb727649fee28aa4a66405587ceb1.jpg

Photos from my seat today. It was a great day to be a Deac. I sat next to a nice family from Richmond.

Last edited:
I'm gonna watch the ESPN replay of this game. Be interesting to see how they condense this one into two hours.

When it was 31-21 I told the guys I was sitting with that we would need 50+ to win (and that I would take 52, but wouldn’t be comfortable unless we got 59). Emblematic of a wild day of football.

On the defensive side, Strnad had a really impressive line—10 tackles, a sack, a forced fumble, etc. We obviously have some improving to do on that side of the ball, but I’m excited about his future in particular.

241260f43c7f4390238a315cab29b425.jpg
8fd0fb2609e380bcd977c69fe8832a42.jpg
1f3fb727649fee28aa4a66405587ceb1.jpg

Photos from my seat today. It was a great day to be a Deac. I sat next to a nice family from Richmond.

I'm gonna watch the ESPN replay of this game. Be interesting to see how they condense this one into two hours.
Just show the scores.

This may have already been discussed. What was the attempted protest with the ladies with the signs who ran on the field and got arrested? Worst protest plan ever. Signs and shirts too small to read and I was close to the field.

That was cold and long and a great time.

Sat in the middle of the A&M section. Decent fans. Yell leaders are weird.

Wake fans were louder and were great on the last drive

Don’t sit on the A&M side. Sun was out until 4th quarter on Wake side and weather was quite comfortable actually.

Strnad looks like a great fit for our defense. Though there's a lot to work on. Need to generate more pressure.

No doubt we will miss both defensive ends but I think the linebackers are about to get a lot faster and the back seven will be the strength of an improved defense next year.

When Wolford was a sophomore, I remember telling my dad that Wake may have had qb's who were more talented, better quarterbacks but never one who was tougher than Wolford. I would put him in the Top 5 Wake qb's.

I have always idealized a circle of Wake QBs who've led their teams to and won bowl games. It's an elite group IMO, and notably excludes such famous talented QBs as Jay Venuto and Mike Elkins who were among the best talents we've had. But Skinner and Wolford are the only two I believe who've done it more than once. Heady stuff.

I have always idealized a circle of Wake QBs who've led their teams to and won bowl games. It's an elite group IMO, and notably excludes such famous talented QBs as Jay Venuto and Mike Elkins who were among the best talents we've had. But Skinner and Wolford are the only two I believe who've done it more than once. Heady stuff.

I’d put Gary Schofield on that list. He never came close to a bowl, but he could really toss the pigskin.

I'm pretty sure that Skinner and Wolford are the only Wake QB's to play in 2 bowl games, let alone win 2 bowl games.

Be real interested to see how Wake is viewed in 2018 ACC football outlooks.

Clawson going for 3 bowls in a row.........somewhere off in the corner, bkf weeps.

I see where the soon-to-be-fired interim coach rationalized a win if only this or that player had played and not been injured.

I love the selective reasoning. I kept hoping someone in the media would have asked the little asshole if he had heard of Greg Dortch!!
Yeah, he didn't play either!

Looking at it objectively, I’d say he did pretty good job in the presser for an interim 1st time head coach

Back