• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC 2016 thread

That platform has a shelf life of about 20 mins and three phone calls on January 20th, 2017 if Hillary is elected. And we all know it.

presidents almost always try to keep their platform promises, especially first term with an eye on re-election

but even if you look at the one issue of the supreme court and hillary was identical to baby hands on everything else, it's dumb as shit if you have liberal ideals to not vote for her. voting isn't some stand, it's a headcount. if you want to vote for stein, that's fine, you could save some time and just not cast a vote.

Also the Bernie bros narrative is cute. And catchy. So catchy that I sometimes even use it without catching myself.

But I must missed all the women in the streets today protesting.

Its a backhanded way to push the Clinton/DWS DNC funded narrative that Bernie supporters are all sexists. A narrative that couldn't be more preposterous and divisive.

Its certainly not very unifying.

Explain why I would want to vote with you people again? Why would I want any part of you smug mother fuckers, who don't actually stand for anything outside of overly popular social stances. You live comfortable lives, I guess can understand not wanting to mess with that.

Sorry Hillary Homeboys (yeah I know, not catchy), I'm out.

Don't vote with us. Take it personally, whine, and be an emo bitch about it instead. Not going to grovel to you to make you do the only rational, grown up thing when facing Trump. You do you, Bernie Brah.

For whom? My candidate fought a losing battle and has now conceded. Yes he's endorsing the least worst (double negatives are fun) candidate left, but I don't vote like that. Especially for one as crooked as Hillary.

I also don't believe a goddamn word Hillary says about financial reforms, foreign policy, and trade. Yes she'll continue the progressive fight on social reforms and healthcare, but that fight is for the most part been won. We need to focus our efforts on progressive financial and economic concerns, which is really at the heart of many of the issues plaguing this nation today, and there is no fucking way Hillary is going to turn against her financiers.

So no. I will not canvas for her. I will not vote for her. I will either vote for Jill Stein or abstain all together. I don't want any part of this shitshow of an election.

You misunderstood me. I'm talking about the people on the board whining about Bernie Bros. It's exhausting. Bernie's speech was great. Textbook. And folks are still whining about the minority of his supporters.

No, everything he said is on the democratic platform that he fought hard to shape, and bernie bros are going to throw that away because they're butthurt

This. So much this. So you're scared Hillary will ignore the platform? It's Bernie's job to make sure she doesn't. Bernie won't be able to hold President Trump to anything.

You misunderstood me. I'm talking about the people on the board whining about Bernie Bros. It's exhausting. Bernie's speech was great. Textbook. And folks are still whining about a minority of his supporters.

yet no one is whining about bernie.

and yeah i forgot brasky was in texas, it doesn't matter either way.

Dumb as shit by Trump. I heard there may be skeletons in the closet with Booker, but I have no confirmation. I actually wish he was the VP nominee. He would destroy Pence. Also, wish Harold Ford Jr would have had a greater impact in the political world. I guess he probably had skeletons in his closet because it seemed like his political career died quickly.

yet no one is whining about bernie.

and yeah i forgot brasky was in texas, it doesn't matter either way.

No one is whining about Bernie because dude just did about everything in his power to make a nearly impossible case to his supporters and he did it damn well.

It's time to stfu about Bernie Bros and focus on winning the damn election.

We aren't allowed to point out a bunch of dumbasses and their constant hissy fits at the convention? Seems we point out most dumb as shit things, there's is pretty visible so they get comments. Even if they are a small minority contingent they deserve to be mocked for the way they carry on.

For whom? My candidate fought a losing battle and has now conceded. Yes he's endorsing the least worst (double negatives are fun) candidate left, but I don't vote like that. Especially for one as crooked as Hillary.

I also don't believe a goddamn word Hillary says about financial reforms, foreign policy, and trade. Yes she'll continue the progressive fight on social reforms and healthcare, but that fight is for the most part been won. We need to focus our efforts on progressive financial and economic concerns, which is really at the heart of many of the issues plaguing this nation today, and there is no fucking way Hillary is going to turn against her financiers.

So no. I will not canvas for her. I will not vote for her. I will either vote for Jill Stein or abstain all together. I don't want any part of this shitshow of an election.

cognitive dissonance

time to flip to..... FOX NEWS

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Catching up on the night. Sarah Silverman looking damn nice.

Dumb as shit by Trump. I heard there may be skeletons in the closet with Booker, but I have no confirmation. I actually wish he was the VP nominee. He would destroy Pence. Also, wish Harold Ford Jr would have had a greater impact in the political world. I guess he probably had skeletons in his closet because it seemed like his political career died quickly.
Agree, have wondered what happened to him

Do you need to go to your safe space?

No. I simply want people to treat all others equally when it comes to politics and not reduce them to eye candy or horrid hobbits when it comes to serious issues.

The fuck does it matter how attractive a person is, woman or man, if they make solid intellectual thoughts? Or how unattractive they are on the flip side of the argument?

Granted, Sarah Silverman isn't the best cross to lay upon, but STILL! My point is valid. If Georgie C. goes up there and says the same, nobody says, "damn, George looking so fuckable tonight! Let me get at that dick."

Back