• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC 2016 thread

I really hate shit like this.

Reduces a woman to her looks. Just has no place when discussing policy and politics, IMO.

So let me get this straight. I watched an actress/comedienne give an interview on CNN and commented that she looked good. And that’s somehow offensive.

In Clinton’s March to Nomination, Many Democrats Changed Their Minds: 90% of ‘consistent’ Sanders supporters favor Clinton over Trump

PP_16.07.24_demNomination_report_types.png

This. So much this. So you're scared Hillary will ignore the platform? It's Bernie's job to make sure she doesn't. Bernie won't be able to hold President Trump to anything.

Point taken re Trump, but there are millions of rea$on$ what Hillary won't do much of what Bernie discussed tonight.

So let me get this straight. I watched an actress/comedienne give an interview on CNN and commented that she looked good. And that’s somehow offensive.

Interview?

Don't know about that. I just saw her from the convention floor tonight.

I figured you were talking about that, if I jumped to conclusions on you, then I apologize.

Still not sure what her looks have to do with anything when she is discussing politics though. Doubt you'd want your daughters and/or nieces to be reduced to looks when they are giving their own opinions on such matters.

Last edited:
It's TV. You look at it. And she is nice to look at.

For whom? My candidate fought a losing battle and has now conceded. Yes he's endorsing the least worst (double negatives are fun) candidate left, but I don't vote like that. Especially for one as crooked as Hillary.

I also don't believe a goddamn word Hillary says about financial reforms, foreign policy, and trade. Yes she'll continue the progressive fight on social reforms and healthcare, but that fight is for the most part been won. We need to focus our efforts on progressive financial and economic concerns, which is really at the heart of many of the issues plaguing this nation today, and there is no fucking way Hillary is going to turn against her financiers.

So no. I will not canvas for her. I will not vote for her. I will either vote for Jill Stein or abstain all together. I don't want any part of this shitshow of an election.

What about the Supreme Court nominees? Isn't that worth voting for Clinton alone?

It's TV. You look at it. And she is nice to look at.

And Cory Booker is an attractive person to look at too. So what?

TVs also have speakers. So what you just said is only half the story.

I'm just so tired of pretending like we have to mention looks nearly at the forefront when it comes to women and don't even think twice to mention it when it comes to men. It is an awful way to treat over 50% of our population and doing so just continues to lead to young women having body image issues.

It's wrong. It is simply wrong and a double standard.

Meh people tend to bring up things that are striking. That goes for any facet of a person and also includes beauty and the opposite. Trump's looks for instance are constantly brought up.

What about the Supreme Court nominees? Isn't that worth voting for Clinton alone?

No. I'm a Republican and will never vote for Trump because I have a conscience and even though my candidate did the party thing and endorsed, I will not vote for the orange clown. Sanders, being given a speaking slot, did the honorable thing from a party stand point, but if Hillary agrees with him on so much, why did he run? Still, he has honor than Cruz does not and kept his deal with Sec. Clinton.

Johnson/Weld. And Bill Weld would pick better Justices than any of the people on the ballot. My choice won't win, but rewarding the behavior of the nominees is an abdication of all most conservatives or progressives believe.

I'm just so tired of pretending like we have to mention looks nearly at the forefront when it comes to women and don't even think twice to mention it when it comes to men. It is an awful way to treat over 50% of our population and doing so just continues to lead to young women having body image issues.

And I'm sure plenty of straight women and gay men noticed Cory Booker. And that's fine too.

- Franken (creepy old guy)
- Silverman (attractive woman but no political clout)
- Booker (decent speech but had more potential because he seemed to have been given Dem talking points)
- Warren (boring; won't comment on looks; dislike her on her hypocripsy of dealing with lobbyists because what she says and does are two different things [probably one of the worst......or best in playing the game])
- Michelle (attractive and a good speech, although a bit disjointed, but it still played well.
- Bernie (crazy old uncle)

So, no matter who the speaker is, they will be critiqued on who they are, what they look like, and what they say. If the person is willing to go on the stage in front of America, anything is fair game. Hell, Eastwood was easy pickings when he f-ed up and talked to an empty chair. Don't try to be the Don Quioxte and defend a woman's honor when a woman is capable of doing it on her own. Even though you don't mean it, you're condescending to women when you do that.

Last edited:

How bout you take your cunty ass and quit bitching. Just because nobody thinks your wife is hot is no reason to get upset when other people find girls attractive.

That's uncalled for, catamount.

Wait, you can be a snarky ass to everyone, but potshots back at you aren't o.k.? Good Lord, you were breathlessly hoping for details about me getting beat up in a fight that never occurred and wasn't avoided by me.

Got it personal attacks and salacious gossip good for you, but uncalled for if it goes the other way. Sounds a lot like BLM. No wonder why you love them.

Mf, you tend to exaggerate things. It's weird and unhealthy.

Mf, you tend to exaggerate things. It's weird and unhealthy.

No, I make analogies. It is wildly successful in debates and cases.

You also tried a personal attack without addressing the substance. That is not successful in adult arguments. I'm not the one who said your wife was ugly or the one who didn't refute it. Attacking me related to this is not relevant. Logic is not your friend.

How do bernie bros not see this as a pretty damn good speech? Hillary is pretty smart. Bernie changed the agenda. y'all should be happy.

Back