• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you support the Billboard Idea?

Do you support a billboard to Fire [Redacted]?

• I do not support a billboard

Votes: 106 51.2%
  • I support a billboard demanding change

Votes: 30 14.5%
  • I fully support a billboard directly calling for Bzz's job

Votes: 71 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Ron made the classic mistake often made by peers much younger than him which is surprising for a man of his age. He made the leap in judgment that he is greater than the university, alumni and fans. In other words, he envisions himself greater than the institution. I've seen this occur more than once. It very seldom ends well.

Who can blame him? "In Wellman I Trust" was the law of the land. Still is for Hatch and the BOT. I blame Wellman for this mess, but I also blame all the people who gave him that kind of power.

Lame and embarrassing. Also, those who participate, or at least the major donors to the billboard, may not be welcome back by WFU once Buzz is gone.

I can see the billboard issue both ways. Ultimately, I think that RW and Bz have no one but themselves to blame for it. If they were saying things like "The past two seasons have been unacceptable and we're going to do better." I think that you wouldn't see this sort of thing.

However, saying things like "Oh Heaven's Yes", "My critics have never built anything successful (paraphrasing)" and "I couldn't be happier" you make the fans feel like their voices aren't being heard and their opinions don't matter, which results in things like this billboard to make a point.

I don't know if the billboard is the right way to go about it or not. Based on the above, however, I certainly do feel like some show of dissatisfaction is appropriate.

Could not have said it better.

Lame and embarrassing. Also, those who participate, or at least the major donors to the billboard, may not be welcome back by WFU once Buzz is gone.

We have a positive ID of DV7. Positive ID.

Wake police have him removed from the premises immediately!

We have a positive ID of DV7. Positive ID.

Wake police have him removed from the premises immediately!

scaled.php

If nothing else, this poll confirms these boards are teeming with gutless pussies.

Morning update: Ron has called his lawyers and they are busy collecting evidence from this board. Furthermore, I have reported the many threats of physical violence against Jeff to the Department of Homeland Security. Have fun in Gitmo, boys.

Morning update: Ron has called his lawyers and they are busy collecting evidence from this board. Furthermore, I have reported the many threats of physical violence against Jeff to the Department of Homeland Security. Have fun in Gitmo, boys.

Shark. Jumped.

I haven't read entire thread but has anyone quoted what a billboard would cost for a month on a high visibility road?

I haven't read entire thread but has anyone quoted what a billboard would cost for a month on a high visibility road?

One estimate was $4700. There is a "Billboard" thread permanently at the top of the list if you want to read more.

- Billboard - $4700 + cost of incorporation.

- Skywriting - About the same as the cost of the billboard above according to Yahoo! Answers. Better exposure at Spring Game plus it makes for awesome flyover scenario.

- Andy Griffith - Another poster indicated his fee is $10,000. Hopefully he would wear the "Buzz Out" t-shirt and generally lend credibility to the cause. Probably worth the extra investment. He could be used in conjunction with either option listed above.

At the very least somebody should do a firejeffbzdelik.com website...Fairly easy and it would get some run in the local press.

Shark. Jumped.

Yes, blackgold really brought his game for a while. Then the writing started to slip just a little. After he was outed by some astute observations, then the writing has really deteriorated and he has become a caricature of his past self. Can a guest appearance by Ted McGinley in the role of blackgold be far off?

Alternate plan. Perhaps we can arrange for someone to parachute into BB&T Field in the Dino costume during halftime at the Spring Game and deliver an oversized check to Wellman for the Jeff [Redacted] buyout fund. Perhaps this plane could also proceed with the skywriting plan after the parachutist jumps. More bang for the buck.

Back