• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you vote for Trump?

Right, which, if it's true they poll on landlines, they're missing out on the younger segment of the party that almost assuredly won't vote for trump.

...I dunno about this. My Republican friends with degrees would never vote Trump but they're not exactly stoked with their options and are hoping Mitt swoops in. My facebook feed of NC Republicans under 30 without degrees posts stuff very similar to the shit Trump spews (anti-muslim/immigrant/non-white). I'm beginning to think he's here to stay.

Don't all these polls also use landlines in recent elections and most of them are still pretty damn accurate?

Here is a long read from David Frum about Trump and the disconnect between the GOP base and the GOP elite. Presented for general interest reading not as an endorsement of conclusions, as I have no clue what is going with the Trump phenomenon or where it's going.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/01/the-great-republican-revolt/419118/

Normally I lke Frum. He makes some good points, but that piece is all over the place. He covers too many topics at once.

My two major problems with Trump involve the lack of a presidential demeanor and lack of conservative bona fides. I'm elated that he's the one guy being serious about immigration, and shame on the rest of the field for trying to poo poo it. At least the rest of the GOP field knows now that they need to get serious on the issue and not provide mere lip service. They don't have to come off like Trump in the process, but it isn't hard to get informed on the subject.

If Trump is the nominee, I have the luxury of throwing away my vote on somebody else due to the electoral college system and Texas being a safe state for the GOP. Were it based just on the popular vote, I might have to hold my nose and pull the lever for him, but my reasoning would be the same as throwing away my vote-- a protest vote.

Trump wants to ban all Muslims from entering America, build a wall between Mexico and the United States (using Mexican workers and money), and carpet bomb Syria.

Those are pretty problematic views for the (potential) leader of the free world.

I have voted for the Democratic candidate in every presidential election since 1996....but if Hillary is the nominee, I will be voting for someone else.

Looks like Montgomery Brewster should run.

No one cares.

It's great that the conservative war on stats continues. Maybe Rove will freak out again.

So what's the drop dead date for someone to run as an independent? Doubt Trump runs as an independent, but while a Trump/Cruz ticket wouldn't put the gerrymandered House in play, it could flip the Senate. If there are still GOP party loyalists, they may want to run two moderates as an independent ticket to give them a better chance at holding the Senate. Would be the end of the GOP, but HRC with the Senate and three easily confirmable lib Supremes isn't a great outcome either.

I work at a law firm that is very republican, and by that I mean they literally run our county's GOP (our current congressman is from the firm etc). 19 of the 21 lawyers are hardline republicans. One of them supports Trump and I think it may be sarcastic (I can't tell). I honestly think if he's the nominee he may lose half of the votes amongst that group who are as dependable GOP votes as you get. I don't know if they'd actually vote Hillary versus not voting at all, but he is going to be a disaster for educated establishment pubs.

I work at a law firm that is very republican, and by that I mean they literally run our county's GOP (our current congressman is from the firm etc). 19 of the 21 lawyers are hardline republicans. One of them supports Trump and I think it may be sarcastic (I can't tell). I honestly think if he's the nominee he may lose half of the votes amongst that group who are as dependable GOP votes as you get. I don't know if they'd actually vote Hillary versus not voting at all, but he is going to be a disaster for educated establishment pubs.

Who do the other's support?

Poll should have options NO and FUCK NO. If trump wins the nomination I will turn my password over to RJ and quit his boards.

For all this talk, if push comes to shove and Trump wins the nomination, the large majority of Republicans who say they won't vote for him, will vote for him.

64 years old; have voted Republican in every Presidential election since 1976 and to answer the question.

Not a chance in hell would I vote for that clown.

There is definitely a schism between the moneyed GOP supporters and thee rest.

I believe the other likely winner of the Pub nomination to be Cruz. Would you Pubs out there vote for Cruz? And if so, in what way is Cruz supportable but not Trump? I have a difficult time figuring out which of the 2 scares me the most.

Back