• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Don Pablo Escobar Mafia, El Patron is el dead.

deacvision7

Mod Emeritus
Reaction score
OPEN SET UP

God RNG'd who will play Pablo Escobar -- this was done by placing players in alphabetical order and RNGing a number between 1 and 18, that player was Escober and asked to pick his four guards. Don Pablo wins if his team ever equals or exceeds the citizens in numbers.
  • The player drawn to be Don Pablo was allowed to pick 4 players to be his "guards" in this game. These players know which player is Escobar but they DO NOT know the other guards.
  • Each night Escobar will be able to kill a citizen of Colombia to help his drug empire.
  • If Pablo is lynched, the game is immediately over and his team loses. The 4 guards and Pablo make up 5/18 (~28%) of the players in the game.
  • Escobar and his guards will not be allowed to communicate outside the game thread.
  • Escobar's guards cannot end with their votes on Escobar or they will be AA'd (this will be forgiven in the case of a majo round.)

No majos when 6 or fewer players remain.

If you did not get a PM, then you were not selected by Don Pablo and are a regular citizen. There are no special citizen roles, your only power is your vote, just like the guards' only power is their vote.
  • The citizens of Colombia win if, and only if, Pablo Escobar is lynched before his numbers outnumber theirs.

Normal rules apply. Deadlines at 10:30 AM, 1:30 PM, and 4:30 PM each day. Pablo can put in his kill order ahead of time or has 15 minutes to make a kill during "night." If no hit is sent in to the moderator RNG will determine the hit.

There will be no overtime period. If there is a tie of 2 or more players at the end of a day period, RNG will decide who dies. 50%+ of the players in the tie will die. For example, if 2 players are in the tie, 1 will die, 3 or 4 players in the tie, 2 will die, etc. etc. Please don't try to be cute and break the game by tying all 18 players or something ridiculous day 1. Play the game.

Pablo Escobar will never be lynched if just in a tie. A straight plurality of votes will need to be achieved to lynch him, if not a majority.

Escobar has chosen his guards from the following list of players in the game.

Player list in alphabetical order:

bym
killed night 2, Colombian citizen
Chaos
lynched, day 2, Colombian citizen
DaDeacs
AA'd, break of day 4, Colombian citizen
Eagles
lynched, day 1, Escobar Guard
goudakilled, night 1, Escobar Guard
Jman
jtp
loki
manning
lynched, day 3, Colombian citizen
nonny
Raise
AA'd, break of day 3, Colombian citizen
rommy
rsf
smudge
tejas
tic
killed, night 3, Colombian citizen
timdunk
toogs

Last edited:
Escobar has been rerolled to a new player and that player has chosen their guards. The PMs are out for the guards. I'll also PM others to make sure everyone knows the game thread is open.

THREAD OPEN

Day 1 ends at 10:30 AM tomorrow.

not it. I would have been a great choice though so it's someone dumb

***Chaos*** is obviously Escobar.

So, we just compel votes and kill the noncompliant. Pick three people and make 6 people vote for each of them. That's my first guess without doing much math

maybe 4*4

at 3*6 if all three are civs, we kill a civ, escobar kills a cleared civ, and one cleared civ is gained.

at 4*4 if all 4 are civs we kill a civ, he kills a civ and 2 cleared civs are gained.

I don't want to grudge vote any of YOU PEOPLE

Toogs trying to break the game is hilarious and civ as fuuuuuuuuuk

So, we just compel votes and kill the noncompliant. Pick three people and make 6 people vote for each of them. That's my first guess without doing much math

I often gave trouble understanding what angleshooting is, but I'd think this is an example.

how is that angle shooting? It's applying math to the game which admittedly is rare on this board.

although the 50 percent die thing pretty much kills my idea.

That's not angle shooting, it's using game mechanics to your advantage. Angle shooting is like obscenity, you know it when Rommy does it.

I'll be out most of the afternoon. Take care of yourselves. And each other.

Chaos1bym
rsf1Jman
smudge1
rsf

There's a difference between angleshooting and tryna break the game with math. Toogs is doing the latter, not the former. I sorta remember people getting really pissed off at Nonny for trying to do the latter a while back.

I don't see how his plan really works with the current OT rules in place though, as Toogs alluded to.

I think the only way to truly break the game mathwise would be to have mass scale ties, which God already asked us very kindly not to do.

Back