• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Meanwhile Nunes has had a major conflict of interest throughout these impeachment proceedings. He was literally part of the plan to rig the 2020 election. More news below.

And Trumpist rubes wonder why Democrats are suspicious of anyone remotely close to the GOP. It’s because shit like this happens and it’s immediately dismissed by everyone as no big deal.

Giuliani associate prepared to testify Nunes aides scrapped Ukraine trip to avoid alerting Schiff

An associate to President Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani is prepared to testify that aides to Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) dropped a planned trip to Ukraine to obtain dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden in order to avoid alerting House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.).

CNBC reported Sunday that Lev Parnas plans to tell committee members that aides to Nunes, the Intelligence Committee's ranking member, planned to meet with two Ukrainian prosecutors in an effort to obtain evidence to aid Trump's reelection bid, but abandoned the efforts once they realized that Schiff's staff would be alerted to the trip.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...-testify-nunes-aides-scrapped-ukraine-trip-to

I make predictions because I worry about the future. Making predictions either enhances or assuages the worry. I try to base those predictions on current and past data, which can be a good predictor of future system behavior. In the case of Roberts and predicting his future actions, we don't have much data to make a prediction, so we either turn to surrogate, similar actors (other conservatives) and use their past behaviors to parameterize our predictions or rely on expert opinion but that, in my modeling experience, is subject to individualized bias.

OK. Well let me know if your current predictions either enhance of assuage your worry. And if there is anything I can do to help.

In 2nd paragraph...”Everyone” = Republicans

Fuck the editing feature on this site.

OK. Well let me know if your current predictions either enhance of assuage your worry. And if there is anything I can do to help.

I just told you that, on further reflection, I determined that worrying about Roberts' actions is irrelevant. So they are assuaged on that issue, but only because they are swamped by my very pessimistic predictions about the integrity of Pub senators. Thanks for your offers to help.

Republicans said the same kind of things in 1974 until they didn’t.

And at that time Republicans had integrity. They weren't members of the Nixon cult like today's a fully in the pocket of the Trump Cult. Even Will Hurd, who is retiring, is too scared to do the honorable thing.

There were more smoking guns at the hearings over the past two weeks than in the scene below. Yet no Republicans have admitted it.

And at that time Republicans had integrity. They weren't members of the Nixon cult like today's a fully in the pocket of the Trump Cult. Even Will Hurd, who is retiring, is too scared to do the honorable thing.

There were more smoking guns at the hearings over the past two weeks than in the scene below. Yet no Republicans have admitted it.

is that Mike from Breaking Bad?

There’s nothing Roberts could do to sway Senate Republicans. But there’s plenty he could do to suppress evidence that would sway voters. He’s not going to rock the boat.

There’s nothing Roberts could do to sway Senate Republicans. But there’s plenty he could do to suppress evidence that would sway voters. He’s not going to rock the boat.

Agree. Roberts is fairly centric by today's standards. 2/3 supermajority required to convict President Donald. There are 53 Republicans, 45 Dems and 2 Independents in the Senate according to Wiki. No way enough Republican senators vote to impeach to reach a supermajority, despite the evidence against Trump.

My guess is that he detests Trump personally and didn't appreciate the Kavanaugh circus because it damaged the court's reputation. What he'll care about is how he'll be considered from a historical perspective, as opposed to congressional Pubs who will all tote Trump's water. So he'll want to appear distinguished and will probably play it down the middle, and he'll likely err on the side of allowing both sides to introduce whatever they want to introduce. He really is different from the Rehnquisition in that way. If there is going to be post trial Dem griping, he'll want it to be about the Pub senators, not his rulings.

Make the sycophant hypocrites go on the record saying that they think it is ok for a president to trade Congressional approved taxpayer dollars for foreign help to win an election.

This is likely a dumb question but do Republicans still defending Donald honestly believe that they are on the right side of history or are they just caught up in owning the libs and refusing to give into "PC culture?" In other words, do they actually think that history will avail their theory that this is a deep state coup and that Donald will actually be celebrated in hindsight by objective historians or does this never even cross their minds?

This is likely a dumb question but do Republicans still defending Donald honestly believe that they are on the right side of history or are they just caught up in owning the libs and refusing to give into "PC culture?" In other words, do they actually think that history will avail their theory that this is a deep state coup and that Donald will actually be celebrated in hindsight by objective historians or does this never even cross their minds?

doesn't matter, got paid.

I think they may have a better understanding of what history will look like to a generation with a 2.5 minute attention span than you and I.

Back