• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Sterling, Conservative Republican, set to receive NAACP

lol at the title change

Now I'm not even sure what we can discuss on this thread!??! There was discussion on liberal democrat donald sterling early on. Can we move that to another thread. Lec, clarification please?

Now I'm not even sure what we can discuss on this thread!??! There was discussion on liberal democrat donald sterling early on. Can we move that to another thread. Lec, clarification please?

You'll have to type louder- he's got his head in the sand.

Kareem's take:
http://time.com/79590/donald-sterling-kareem-abdul-jabbar-racism/

..."Make no mistake: Donald Sterling is the villain of this story. But he’s just a handmaiden to the bigger evil. In our quest for social justice, we shouldn’t lose sight that racism is the true enemy. He’s just another jerk with more money than brains.

So, if we’re all going to be outraged, let’s be outraged that we weren’t more outraged when his racism was first evident. Let’s be outraged that private conversations between people in an intimate relationship are recorded and publicly played. Let’s be outraged that whoever did the betraying will probably get a book deal, a sitcom, trade recipes with Hoda and Kathie Lee, and soon appear on Celebrity Apprentice and Dancing with the Stars.

The big question is “What should be done next?” I hope Sterling loses his franchise. I hope whoever made this illegal tape is sent to prison. I hope the Clippers continue to be unconditionally supported by their fans. I hope the Clippers realize that the ramblings of an 80-year-old man jealous of his young girlfriend don’t define who they are as individual players or as a team. They aren’t playing for Sterling—they’re playing for themselves, for the fans, for showing the world that neither basketball, nor our American ideals, are defined by a few pathetic men or women."

Good post. Thanks

Kareem is a muslim and not exactly what you'd call a "right winger" who recently accepted a position from Hillary Clinton to be a cultural ambassador. Just more of your inconsistent bullshit pandering.

Kareem is a muslim and not exactly what you'd call a "right winger" who recently accepted a position from Hillary Clinton to be a cultural ambassador. Just more of your inconsistent bullshit pandering.

Wtfk are you talking. You are a first class Fkin moron

Sterling is a slumlord who pays everyone around him, in order to excuse his disastrous behavior. No doubt he has funneled plenty of money to members of both parties.

Lectro, you keep standing up for what's right! Don't take shit off these pudding panted mofuggies. I think you should go change the title of your thread- the one you took such care and time to create- BACK to "fucking pinko lib commie" or whatever it was and troll the shit out of that damn Liquid Karma. Yeah, that would troll him so hard. What the hell is a liquid karma anyway.

Sterling is a slumlord who pays everyone around him, in order to excuse his disastrous behavior. No doubt he has funneled plenty of money to members of both parties.

According to his lawyer, he's one of the sharpest businessmen in the country. Reading about his girlfriend and divorce proceeding is a riot. In my next life I want to be a sleazy LA divorce attorney. What a joke these people are.

Again the article was written in 1948. The word has become much more political since then.

Right...I was pointing out my own bias. That word certainly elicits a visceral response from me. It really shouldn't, but the reality is that in a way I have succumbed to some of the conservative brainwash regarding the word liberal.

Back