• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Don't sit in the upper deck!

Honest question:

If you were a Deacon Club donor contributing $5,000 annually (or whatever the appropriate support level) for the benefit of purchasing seats in the lower level, would you feel cheated if WF allowed non-donors to sit in the unused seats next to you?

This is why donations tail off with shitty teams

They did seat upgrades last year and will probably do them again this year. I respect that they're at least trying to make the lower bowl full.

We usually move down by the first or second TV timeout. I don't want to sit in someone else's seat but there are plenty to choose from now.

image.php

Where are they passing out student wristbands for bball games nowadays? I went to the Loyola through the old SD door, but apparently that wasn't the student entrance anymore b/c there was nobody giving out wristbands. I used a regular student ticket to get in, but since I didn't have a wristband the usher gave me a hard time about getting in to the student section. I wanted to be like...REALLY? Look at how many students you have down there!

Last night they gave them out at the normal door. I'm not in SD and got in fine, they just made a big deal about me going through the normal turnstiles after I got a ticket.

It's hard to believe that we have fans who have decided simply not to attend games. As bad as last year was, it's still our team. Hey, if you have great seats - and are looking to unload them - shoot me a PM. It's impossible for me to get season tickets anymore given my travel schedule for work, but when I find myself home, I'll gladly take them off your hands.

It's hard to believe that we have fans who have decided simply not to attend games.

Really? You think it's hard to believe that people, especially out of towners, are choosing not to spend $1000's of dollars on donations, ticket purchases, and travel expenses, not to mention hours and hours of time, in order to come see an awful basketball team play basketball? :wtf:

At least football provides something to do (tailgate) when the team is bad. Driving up and down the road from Charlotte, leaving my family behind, etc, etc just isn't in the cards to see this team (or last year's team) play basketball. Sure, given a limitless amount of $$ and time (i.e. no job), I'd be at every game, but that's not reality. I remain no less of a fan...I just can't justify the expenditures.

You, yourself, admit that you don't attend every game. Why do you find it surprising that others don't as well?

Last edited:
Sorry, siff. I had to be in my office some 350 miles from W-S yesterday and today and really couldn't get any airlines to land in the LJVM parking lot. But I'm'a try to do better! I give you points, though, for your lectro impression.:D

Really? You think it's hard to believe that people, especially out of towners, are choosing not to spend $1000's of dollars on donations, ticket purchases, and travel expenses, not to mention hours and hours of time, in order to come see an awful basketball team play basketball? :wtf:

At least football provides something to do (tailgate) when the team is bad. Driving up and down the road from Charlotte, leaving my family behind, etc, etc just isn't in the cards to see this team (or last year's team) play basketball. Sure, given a limitless amount of $$ and time (i.e. no job), I'd be at every game, but that's not reality. I remain no less of a fan...I just can't justify the expenditures.

You, yourself, admit that you don't attend every game. Why do you find it surprising that others don't as well?

I think that he's talking about the people that donate and buy season tickets who just don't ever show up to games.

Racer, go fuck yourself. Seriously. Fuck off.

If I lived in Winston, I'd be at every game. If I worked there, I would as well. As it is, 50% of my time is spent 500 miles from Winston. That makes it impossible, unless I can be Naz and go to work for the university.

Next time you catch feelings, don't be such a dick.

Sorry, siff. I had to be in my office some 350 miles from W-S yesterday and today and really couldn't get any airlines to land in the LJVM parking lot. But I'm'a try to do better! I give you points, though, for your lectro impression.:D

Ha ha. Touche, 94.

is Jeff [Redacted] the Randy Edsall of basketball coaches?

Except Randy Edsall is getting paid ~2x as much on a 6 year guaranteed contract.

If I lived in Winston, I'd be at every game. If I worked there, I would as well. As it is, 50% of my time is spent 500 miles from Winston. That makes it impossible, unless I can be Naz and go to work for the university.

Sorry, I didn't see any mention of folks who live in Winston in your original post. Regardless, you obviously win the best fan competition since you would attend every game if you lived there. Congrats! :dancindeac:

Back