• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Don't sit in the upper deck!

then why is the wake forest ticket office still selling lower level tickets?

Probably returns from Deacon Club members. For as long as I can remember, you've needed to give at a significant DC level to even sniff lower level seats. Even as bad as the team has been, I find it hard to believe that lower levels are now available for purchase by the general public as season or singles unless they are simply being returned to the school by DC members who know they won't be attending.

At least football provides something to do (tailgate) when the team is bad. Driving up and down the road from Charlotte, leaving my family behind, etc, etc just isn't in the cards to see this team (or last year's team) play basketball. Sure, given a limitless amount of $$ and time (i.e. no job), I'd be at every game, but that's not reality. I remain no less of a fan...I just can't justify the expenditures.

I am amazed at how you are able to pull off tailgates beginning on Friday night. Guessing the locks would be changed at your house if you went to every basketball game this year.

Our hatred as a fanbase for Rangoon Edsall is head and shoulders above hate we've ever had for an opposing coach or player. is your dislike of bzdlk on that level?

I am amazed at how you are able to pull off tailgates beginning on Friday night. Guessing the locks would be changed at your house if you went to every basketball game this year.

It only works because my parents still live in Winston. Built-in babysitter. With the permanent move to the RV lot next season, Friday nights will be more of the norm. I may even be able to bring the kids out there with me and earn brownie points with my wife. :D

Sorry guys. I'm a local, but I left at halftime last night to get my 6 year old to bed. For conference games, I'll probably leave him behind (or tell my wife he can suck it up).

Back in the day, when I lived close enough to The Dash to have season tickets, my seats were way up close to the top. I was like Br'er Rabbit in the briar patch up there.
During early season games that were televised the PA announcer used to ask that the lower seats be filled in, presumably to make a better show on TV.
The ushers used to hassle people about putting their feet on the backs of the seats in front of them. I always thought the ushers were piss ants for doing that.

Probably returns from Deacon Club members. For as long as I can remember, you've needed to give at a significant DC level to even sniff lower level seats. Even as bad as the team has been, I find it hard to believe that lower levels are now available for purchase by the general public as season or singles unless they are simply being returned to the school by DC members who know they won't be attending.

hahahaha. so deacon club members have already returned their tickets to the duke/unc/ncst games?

i'm not trying to be negative--just pointing out that good seats are still available in the lower bowl.

the "best darn package" has UNC/Duke/NC St/Clemson/Vatech bundled together

We have lower level seats and so many people ahead of us dropped tickets that we moved from the corner to center court this year.

The ushers used to hassle people about putting their feet on the backs of the seats in front of them. I always thought the ushers were piss ants for doing that.

Were people sitting in the seats in front of you?

hahahaha. so deacon club members have already returned their tickets to the duke/unc/ncst games?

We have lower level seats and so many people ahead of us dropped tickets that we moved from the corner to center court this year.

Yikes. If those games are available on a large scale, then the Deacon Club must have taken a HUGE hit. Ticket sales revenues must have plummeted as well. The cost of doing Bzzzness I guess. If contributions and/or DC season ticket sales have truly dropped that much, perhaps Bzz's leash is shorter than I had assumed.

That said, do you know how many are available per game? I assume most folks who turn their tickets in do so at the beginning of the season. I'm sure there are turn-ins for every game, especially from out of town fans.

Last edited:
Yikes. If those games are available on a large scale, then the Deacon Club must have taken a HUGE hit. Ticket sales revenues must have plummeted as well. The cost of doing Bzzzness I guess.

the rare comment that makes me laugh and shake my head. Pos rep.

I personally know of 4 families that refuse to donate to the DC until [Redacted] is fired and they tell the callers from the DC exactly that when they try to raise funds.

I personally know of 4 families that refuse to donate to the DC until [Redacted] is fired and they tell the callers from the DC exactly that when they try to raise funds.
Yeah, that's completely reasonable.

They do know that the DC supports other sports than Basketball? The Field Hockey team is hurt by their lack of donations as well.

I don't understand that mindset either. If anything, we need to give more money to update facilities, afford a top coach, etc. Looking at it from a business model, you have to spend money to make progress. The less we give, the more we'll suck long term.

It appears things are far worse than I had feared. I assumed, based on the football support, that people were still giving to the Deacon Club and that the long-timers were still buying their bball tickets even if they weren't using them. That said, our football tickets did get a bit better this year...

I don't understand that mindset either. If anything, we need to give more money to update facilities, afford a top coach, etc. Looking at it from a business model, you have to spend money to make progress. The less we give, the more we'll suck long term.

A car company needs more $$ to create better cars, but you don't go out and buy a crappy car in hopes that the company will build a better car in the future. At some level, this is still a cost/benefit decision, even if you are an alumni who loves the school (and not every DC member is).

A car company needs more $$ to create better cars, but you don't go out and buy a crappy car in hopes that the company will build a better car in the future. At some level, this is still a cost/benefit decision, even if you are an alumni who loves the school (and not every DC member is).

While true, that's not a good analogy for a university. Think of it more as paying for research and development. Little cash flow produces little results.

Back