• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dortch leaving for NFL

I don’t think leaving was necessarily a bad decision, but I also think it is the case that he *could* have improved his stock

I don’t think leaving was necessarily a bad decision, but I also think it is the case that he *could* have improved his stock

How is he better off leaving than if he stayed, given what we know now? Hindsight is 20/20 and it was a illogical decision to go pro, but it was still a bad decision.

Could of gained a degree, and had a hell of a good time winning meaningful ball games with his buddies. No he is kind of fucked.

Worst case scenario, he plays in the XFL for however long it's around and gets another shot next year.

Worst case scenario, he plays in the XFL for however long it's around and gets another shot next year.

Yeah but that’s way worse than playing for Wake, competing for meaningful games, and Working towards a free degree.

It ain't hindsight. Dortch just had to keep doing what he was doing. He could have locked the draft. But he made a crap decision.

My guess is he'll be on a practice squad at the very least within 2 weeks. Let's chill out a bit.

It ain't hindsight. Dortch just had to keep doing what he was doing. He could have locked the draft. But he made a crap decision.

How much better could he have done than 1st and 2nd Team All-america?

Dortch signed to the Jets taxi squad.....

He’ll get plenty of NFL time...watch.

Last edited:
can't think of a single WFU football player who left early that had a meaningful NFL career. Am I missing someone? Hoops has Rodney Rogers, Chris Paul, Jeff Teague, and Aminu who all had long NBA careers and made lots of coin. The last few Manning players who left early obviously made huge mistakes.

I don't think he would've gained much more from staying. He is what he is.

He would have gained more opportunities to prove what he is. Still a very reasonable decision. I was hopeful that he could prove himself. He is good enough to play in the league.

Back