• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dow climbs above 20,000 as stocks reach record highs; financials outperform

Save this thread for the inevitable recession that hits our economy not matter who is President. The US economy is cyclical.

Trump might help or be detrimental economically. I honestly have no idea.

All told, the U.S. market has gained $1.4 trillion in value since the election, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.

I'm sure you're all happy and thanking President Trump for your good fortune.

So by this logic you must have been really happy about the Dow doubling in size during the 8 years of obamas presidency, right?

Nah, Obama's actual actions hjad nothing to do with it versus Trump not having done anything and stocks going up mean it was him. Yep, got it.

So by this logic you must have been really happy about the Dow doubling in size during the 8 years of obamas presidency, right?

I take this to mean you remain ungrateful and will be donating your sudden boon to the Democratic Party.

Anybody that celebrates this while also proclaiming the 8 years under Obama to be a disaster is a fucking moron.

Anybody that celebrates this while also proclaiming the 8 years under Obama to be a disaster is a fucking moron.

The Trump boom is real. The inevitable crash as the poster above you referenced, is Obama's responsibility. He had a chance to reign in the banks and took the coward's path, to our future detriment.

The Trump boom is real. The inevitable crash as the poster above you referenced, is Obama's responsibility. He had a chance to reign in the banks and took the coward's path, to our future detriment.

What is Trump's plan to reign in the banks?

Going from mid 6,000s to 20k in 8 years is pretty awesome, and my aggressive 401k is appreciative

14ectup.gif

Keep drinking the look-aid, y'all have done a fantastic job of predicting the future ever since I've joined the tunnels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
All told, the U.S. market has gained $1.4 trillion in value since the election, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.

I'm sure you're all happy and thanking President Trump for your good fortune.

Most definitely. Businesses have been waiting for a decent, business oriented President that will lower the corporate tax rate to 15-20%. Just among other things.

Most definitely. Businesses have been waiting for a decent, business oriented President that will lower the corporate tax rate to 15-20%. Just among other things.

You realize the Dow went up tremendously while they were "waiting," right?

You do realize that is because there is a vote of confidence behind Trump's policies right??

There was a vote of confidence behind Trump's policies from 2010-2017?

Back