• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dow climbs above 20,000 as stocks reach record highs; financials outperform

There was a vote of confidence behind Trump's policies from 2010-2017?

Are you denying that there was a "trump bump" after the election? No, Obama did a pretty good job, but the market had been down/stagnant for a year leading up to election.

The truth is in the middle. The market wasn't really down or stagnant for a year leading up to the election (up 20,000 points from February to the election) and it has also seen a bump since the election (around 20,000 points from the election to today). This makes sense given the pro-business policies that have been associated with Donald's election.

Are you denying that there was a "trump bump" after the election? No, Obama did a pretty good job, but the market had been down/stagnant for a year leading up to election.

I'm not denying the Dow has gone up since the election or that the market was stagnant during the election. I'm saying TheReff is claiming business was waiting during the Obama administration which just isn't true.

Jhmd
Let's see, for the 8 Bush years my investments increased exactly 2%. For the obama years my investments increased 100%. Yes, I am sure they were pretty good

Jhmd
Let's see, for the 8 Bush years my investments increased exactly 2%. For the obama years my investments increased 100%. Yes, I am sure they were pretty good

And somehow housing prices are like 50% higher than the peak of the housing bubble on my street. #inflationinflateseverything. But wait, no one's wages went up that much. Rich get richer, rest get fucked. They were not good years.

Palma,
You must live on the wrong street, housing prices in Greensboro are only about 15% higher than before the crash

Palma,
You must live on the wrong street, housing prices in Greensboro are only about 15% higher than before the crash

The fact that they're higher than before the crash is still insane. And bonds had their bubble. And Stocks. And Magic the Gathering Cards. Literally every asset class imaginabile is currently in a bubble, all to save a few banks. It was a disaster. Made us feel better for a few years though.

Trump was on the record a year ago saying we were in a horrible bubble and he hoped to god it popped before Jan 20th, but ofc y'all gonna blame him when it does.

Did you just ask him if he is sure if the eight years under Obama were as good as "a disaster"?

Not if you're one of those coastal elites who thought Hillary was going to win; I'm sure you believed things were great. Of course, most of the country had a different experience than yours. They don't share your luxury of pretending your favorite policies work. Wanna know how I know this?

angfhv.gif

Last edited:
Not if you're one of those coastal elites who thought Hillary was going to win; I'm sure you believed things were great. Of course, most of the country had a different experience than yours. They don't share your luxury of pretending your favorite policies work. Wanna know how I know this?

angfhv.gif

You do realize what thread you are posting on, don't you?

You do realize what thread you are posting on, don't you?

I think it is great Trump has the Dow higher in a week and a half than Obama and Clinton did in 16 years. The guy is just getting warmed up.

But the lower middle class that quit on your party (and decided this election) doesn't care that their bosses have a bigger retirement account.

I think it is great Trump has the Dow higher in a week and a half than Obama and Clinton did in 16 years. The guy is just getting warmed up.

But the lower middle class that quit on your party (and decided this election) doesn't care that their bosses have a bigger retirement account.

Why did you quit on your party?

Can we get off stock market gains and back to metrics that really show the effectiveness of a president, like gas prices?

The fact that they're higher than before the crash is still insane. And bonds had their bubble. And Stocks. And Magic the Gathering Cards. Literally every asset class imaginabile is currently in a bubble, all to save a few banks. It was a disaster. Made us feel better for a few years though.

He's not wrong.

When my students ask me why they need to know history, this is it.

It's 2006 again. We have learned absolutely nothing from a near economic disaster that happened less than a decade ago.

All so the baby boomers could keep charging their debts to their grandchildren

Burn the whole goddamn thing down

burn what down, all asset classes or just magic cards?

Back