• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Drinking Tolerance

The train is boss. No doubt. There are an unusual number of hoodratz in the snack car.

Unfortunately I'm noticing a lot of liberty paraphernalia. A hoodrat by any other name?

The train is boss. No doubt. There are an unusual number of hoodratz in the snack car.

Unfortunately I'm noticing a lot of liberty paraphernalia. A hoodrat by any other name?

Hoodratz on the train? Lucky you man, I always end up just drinking and broing it out.

I can drink quite a bit but not nearly as much as I used to. If I don't drink water through out the night I will end up half dead the next day and sleep in til about 6pm.
Dv7 has come home from work to find me still asleep more than once.

Lots of hoodratz on the train between NYC, particularly if you sit in the dining car and pound beers. Dogfish IPA. Don't know why the train is hoodratz central but I'm not going to argue with the turnout.

Is it normal to lose like half of your drinking tolerance when you are in your mid-twenties? Like seriously mine has disappeared. I get buzzed and then drunk so easily now. Its kind of embarrassing.

how is it these days

i feel like my tolerance is sky high lately. can't remember the last time i've been truly drunk. i had like 6 drinks at a wedding this weekend, and maybe felt a little buzzed, p stupid if you ask me!

either that or the mixed drinks were really weak.

how is it these days

Way lower. Back in my my mid-20's I feel like I could drink 10-12 beers and still be semi-sober. Today 6 or 7 beers in a short amount of time would have me da-runk.

Although I did convince myself at brunch yesterday that I could easily consume 30 $2 mimosas in one sitting.

I can drink more now than ever, and I just turned 28. I also quit drinking beer and strictly drink liquor. I have only been truly hungover probably less than 5 times in my life, and I drink 2-4 days a week, family problems sometimes make for good genes.

Last edited:
Had a bloody Sunday yesterday. Dioli's in the Village makes awesome B Mary's.. had a couple of those and switched to beer for the basketball games. all in all about 8-9 drinks...Woke up, puked, went to work and felt fine. that's about where I'm at just shy of 30 yrs old.

I can drink more now than ever, and I just turned 28. I also quit drinking beer and strictly drink liquor. I have only been truly hungover probably less than 5 times in my life, and I drink 2-4 days a week, family problems sometimes make for good genes.

I can confirm this is true. I've never met anyone else who can pound liquor until early morning, wake up and be ready for work with no hangover. It's incredibly impressive.

Back